Saturday, January 31, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
- Were you trying?? No, quite the opposite. I was still breast feeding and we were practicing birth control. God is funny!!
- What do you and Matt think?? What else?? We are excited! If we have learned anything over the past couple of years it is that God's plan for our lives is always better than what we planned. Plus, what could be wrong with another little Lilly.
- When are you due?? Well, Lilly was born Sept. 8th and this little bundle is due Sept. 10th.
- How are you feeling?? Thank you for asking! It has been a rough week--kind of like having the stomach flu and taking care of a newborn. However, if it is like my pregnancy with Lilly, I should start feeling better in a couple of days. Week 6 and 7 were the rough ones last go round and so far there are lots of similarities.
- Are we hoping for a boy or a girl?? We absolutely do not have a preference. We are just praying for a healthy little baby. I would be equally excited either way and Matt feels the same.
Okay, now for the reactions of our family and friends...
- "Hahahahahahahahahaha"--Grandma DeDe...she laughs every time we talk to her.
- "I'm sorry what did you say??"--MoMo
- "Don't you know how to prevent that?"--Jennifer Kelly and Ryan Larsen and Grandpa Dennis
- "My goodness!! Your doctor will give you stuff that is almost free to help prevent that!!!"--Melissa Cross
- "That is wonderful news!"--Grandpa Mike
- Remarks comparing us to the Duggers (i.e. calling Matt "Jim Bob")--Uncle Bert
- "Congratulations...you are about to be busy"--several people in Perryville.
- "No....huh-uh.....no???"--Lisa Trumbo
- "That is great!!" --Granddaddy
It has been fun telling everyone...of course they are as surprised as we are!! Stay tuned to this blog because you can bet it is going to get a lot more interesting. (Oh yeah, when we went to dr. with Lilly we were 6 weeks and 6 days....when we went to the dr. Wednesday, we were 6 weeks and 6 days...crazy coincidinces!!
Karl and Jenny flew in from Kansas. It was so good to see everyone that we hadn't seen for a while!! As you might have guessed, Lilly was a big hit at the party. We headed down to B-town and had lunch their today and headed back home. It was kind of a whirlwind trip but it was worth it to get to see all the family.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
1. http://www.jennasjourneyblog.blogspot.com/ Brayden was born Tuesday the 13th. Although he was born at 39 1/2 weeks, his lungs had stopped developing at 36 weeks. He was flown to Arkansas Childrens Hospital where they performed an ECMO treatment and things are looking hopeful. Please pray for him and his family.
2. http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/ Harper was born last night at 40 1/2 weeks..a whopping 9lbs. 12oz. She, too, was in critical condition and was going to be sent to Arkansas Childrens Hospital but it was full (maybe we should pray about that too..the fact that it is full), so she was sent to the Children's hospital in Tulsa. It appears as though she was born with a severe, severe case of pnemonia.
I posted the links because both of them are updating frequently. I know that if either one of those would have been Lilly, I would've wanted everyone in the world praying for her!!! Please pray for these kiddos and their families. Thank you....I will post a more fun post later.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Okay, so last night she slept super. She woke up and ate at 6 and then went back to sleep until 11:00!! Well, I heard that we got snow this morning so I was super excited because I was going to put her in her snowman suit and take pictures of her in the snow. However since we didn't get up until 11--the snow was pretty sparse. We are in the middle of taking down Christmas so Matt suggested using the fake snow from the Christmas village...GENIUS!!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Step One: Lots of daytime activity and playing
Step Two: Firmly establish bedtime routine...as follows
Monday, January 12, 2009
Long Version: The Reason--As I have mentioned in several posts, Lilly usually sleeps half of the night in her bed and then the rest of the night in ours. Well, as of late, she has been sleeping 20 minutes in her bed and the rest of the night with us. The problem with that is I am not asleep enough to not notice every little move she makes and therefore do not sleep very well some nights. So, last night, as soon as I got into bed she woke up. I tried and tried to keep putting the pacifier back in her mouth hoping she would fall asleep on her own....no such luck! So, Matt said he would rock her back to sleep and we could just put her in bed with me the next time. So he does. Well, a couple of times during the night, I would hear her and say, "Do you want me to put her in bed?" and he would say no and leave the room to rock. The last time I looked at the clock and it was 4:30!! Turns out, he had decided he was just going to rock her when she woke up....but everytime he put her down she woke right back up even more angry than the time before. Well, we finally put her in bed with us and Matt said, "I think it is time to start that program!!" See-when we were at the doctor, he suggested this program but we did not feel ready to let her cry--which is probable the first few nights. So please pray for us to have the strength to teach her to fall asleep on her own. The plan is the first night we go in after 3 minutes and rub her back and assure her we are there and she is okay. Then we do the same after six. And again after eight and every eight minutes after that if necessary. Tomorrow, we go after four, eight and ten. It increases nightly, but they say most babies don't need it after the third night. I am not sure I am ready for this. ):