Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweet Lilly!

Lilly I just can not believe you turn 3 today!! Your daddy and I often try and remember what on earth we did before we had you and we just can not figure it out. I don't remember feeling so bored but I just know that is how life without you had to be! You are so funny and sweet. Last night I told you I was cold and needed to snuggle to keep warm and you ran and snuggled me and started patting my back and saying in a high-pitch soft voice, "It's okay, It's okay!" Oh, and by the way, I wasn't cold...I used it as an excuse to get to cuddle you. I just had to snuggle you on my last night with you as a two year old!

(September 2010) We asked you what you wanted to do on your birthday and you said, "I don't sink (think) so. I don't want to talk so much now." Ha! I think most of the time when you say something funny it may only be funny to us because we are trying to figure out where in the world you came up with it.

(October 2010--aren't you just precious in this picture?!!) You love your family and friends and talk about them all by name. You also have a great memory. We will be talking about something and you will say, "Mommy, you member (remember) when..."

(Halloween 2010) You know all of your shapes. Mostly because of the Toddler Teaser Shapes app on my phone. You even know the random ones and "crescent" is your favorite. Everytime a crescent moon is outside you say, "Look, a crescent!" You also know your colors and body parts, and recognize some of your letters and can say some of the sounds with the letters.

(November 2010) You love to pretend shop in your playroom and are always pushing around your cart full of things. I have a feeling you are going to be like your mommy and love to have a bag full of little things to play with...that was mommy's favorite too. You love to care for your baby dolls. I find them in beds you have created for them all over the house...in cabinets, in Reid's bed, on the couch, on the rocking chair...you name it and you can make it into a baby bed.

You also like to take care of everybody else and can be a tad bossy. The other day Reid was pushing a cart and it fell over and the balls that were in it fell on the floor. He picked up the cart and went to take off but didn't pick up his mess. There you went after him saying, "Bubby, pick up these balls" but he wasn't listening. So you stepped in front of him so he would have to stop, put your hand on his shoulder, and leaned down the whole 1 1/2 inches to be on eye level with him and said, "What did I tell you? I said to pick up these balls please!" Your dad and I were rolling on the couch laughing. You "sink" you are so big!

(December 2010) You L-O-V-E love your Daddy. Before he leaves you HAVE to have a kiss or you get just downright upset! You will either yell after him, "I didn't get my kiss!" or if he has already left you will say, "Daddy didn't kiss me!" It is just precious to see the two of you together.

(January 2011) Your favorite things to eat include cheese pizza, quesadillas (or as you pronounce it "case-a-dill-uh"), grilled cheese, grapes, spaghetti, chicken nuggets (especially from "Chick-a-lay"), raisins, fruit snacks, crackers, shredded cheese, yogurt (both frozen and regular). Your favorite flavors of yogurt are "pink" and "white". We have just started letting you get Sprite sometimes and you think it is such a treat and love it. You call it "fright". You always replace the "sp" at the beginning of a word with the "f" sound. However today you were actually saying s-p-rite. You were really concentrating on saying it the correct way. I want you to be able to do that but I just LOVE the way you say each and every little word. I will probably cry when you say quesadilla correctly. Fair warning.

(February 2011) You still love to wear bows, ribbons, flowers, and barretts in your hair. The more the merrier in your book. You are really starting to love playing "dress-up". When somebody compliments you by saying something like, "Lilly you look so pretty today!" You respond by saying, "I know!" Ha! Lord help us!

(March 2011) You are a kid that loves to go places. You love to go the library, KDO, razorback events, the park, on walks, anywhere to play with friends, the zoo, etc. You are a social butterfly!

You are a sweet sister 90% of the time. You ALWAYS get two of something...one for you and one for bubby. You keep tabs on him and you two are usually together. If he falls down you run over to him and say, "It's okay Bubby. You fall down? It's okay."

You have a ton of facial expressions. You also have several different laughs from belly laughs to happy laughs to mischevious laughs to silly giggles. You keep us rolling because the way you tell a story (with motions and voices and laughs and facial expressions) is just as sweet and funny as the story.
You are full of energy. You never think it is nap time or bed time. You always say, "No. We still have ONE more Dora." You still nap for at least 2 hours and sleep at least 12 hours at night.
I still have a whole post to write on this...but you are potty trained!! You have been since the week after the 4th of July and you have done so great!! You still sleep in your crib and if I can help it you will continue to do so until kindergarten. I can't help it. It is your LAST baby thing!! In all honesty you can get out of your crib by yourself now anyway and you are probably ready for a "big girl" bed...but I just don't like the sound of that. (:
Lilly we love you so much and are so very proud of you. You have such a sweet spirit and we just delight in you! We have enjoyed these 3 years and are so thankful for them and can't wait to see what this year has in store for us! Love, Mommy and Daddy

3 comments:

Mary Lynn said...

Happy birthday, Lilly! You are a CUTIE!

Simple, Graceful Living said...

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! Your Mrs. Tiffy loves you!

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday Miss Lilly. She is such a sweetheart.