Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Random & Crock Pot Wednesday

Well, this post is totally random because I have so much catching up to do. So I am trying to fit in some stuff that I had to post about before I start posting a weeks worth of Christmas posts. We were out of town for about a week and a half visiting family and celebrating Christmas. To say the least, it has been a little crazy since we got back in town. For starters, big man broke through his first tooth about a week ago. That is right--he got his first tooth before he turned four months old!! That is crazy. Bless his heart--I didn't give him teething medicine or Tylenol because I had no idea he was working on one. Second, he has also decided that he isn't going to sleep anymore--ever! Ok, ok, I am exaggerating. He is eating every two hours on average....including during the night. What??! I know! I am one tired Mamma. In addition, he is fighting sleep beyond belief--unless he falls asleep while eating. But when he gets tired--he doesn't want to eat (that is the only time). Nothing works! In fact, he just fell asleep on his own for the first time in days--I mean SCREAMING. That breaks my heart because I am just not strong enough to be a "cry it out" Mommy--but I finally had to just set him down because nothing I was doing was helping. I am proud of him for going to sleep on his own--I just hate that he had to do it screaming and fighting all the way.
Miss Priss got up from a nap looking like this a couple of weeks ago. The bed head is getting worse! Haha.
To really appreciate it, you need to see it from all angles.

This might be why she opens the shower curtain while I am showering and sticks her head in the shower! She is just trying to fix her hair!! Haha. Seriously, her sticking her head in my shower is why she is SOAKING WET in this photo!
A couple of weeks ago, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings with MoMo and Ray to eat some spicy food and play Skip-Bo.
In order to play our game, we had to bribe Lilly to stay in her high chair with some chocolate. Don't judge me. Haha.
This wasn't even the worst of it--you should've seen her outfit (which had to be stain-treated the second we got home), the table, and her face once she was finished. Needless to say, she went straight to the tub once we got home.
Big man just chillaxin!
Then, sharing in the smiles. After a little while, he just fell asleep in his carseat and hung out for the rest of the night. Ohhhhhhh, those were the days! Haha. I am just teasing I know how blessed we are and what a great baby he is!
White Christmas! Well, we were out of town so we missed it, but there was still snow when we got back. This was taken on Monday--a doozie of a day for me! I had Reid down for what turned out to be a 10 minute nap and I was exhausted because I got basically no sleep Sunday night. BUT I decided memories can be made even if you are tired and I took Lilly outside to play in the snow for the first time. She loved feeling it and thought it was hilarious! She just kept giggling.
Then, she went over to this icy spot on our driveway. I decided to walk over there so I could keep her from falling. Well, on my way over, I fell! I busted my knee and dropped my camera while the lens was open and ended up jamming the camera lens. The lens still won't close on it's own. But I can get it closed--this little plastic piece around the lens just cracked so it isn't laying flesh against the lens now which keeps it from closing. I think it is just there for looks/protection of the lens and won't cause me to need a new camera. Thank God because I didn't want to get a new camera now. I would like to wait until I can get a really nice camera and that is just not in the cards right now! Anyway, so I pick up my busted camera and Lilly, along with some bruised pride and limp into the house--all the while Lilly is kicking and screaming because she wants to stay outside while it is freezing and play in the snow. She remained ticked off until nap time. So, that is just a little of what is going on with us this week and a little bit of what we did a couple of weeks ago. Christmas posts will be coming soon! By the way, Lilly has had a blast playing with her new toys this week.

Photobucket
We had some left over ham from Christmas, so I went through my new Fix It and Forget It cookbook that I got for Christmas (Thanks Mom) and found this recipe for our leftovers!
Au Gratin Potatoes and Ham
Ingredients:
10 potatoes, thinly sliced
1 onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. pepper, optional
1/2 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
1/2 cup milk
1 cup fully cooked ham
Directions: Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover. Cook on Low 7-8 hours.
Notes. This was tasty. However, I only used 7 potatoes and it was still a tight fit in my small crock pot. Also, my onion was questionable so I used onion powder. I also used 1 1/2 to 2 cups of ham and the ratio was still like a little bit of ham with a lot of potatoes. All of that said, the dish was quite tasty and gave us enough leftovers so that I don't have to cook tonight. Plus, we used up some of our ham.

3 comments:

The Coleman Family said...

Reid is beginning to look so much like Lilly!

I always love reading your posts! With no sleep, I would be so cranky and you seem to still appreciate every minute with your sweet kiddos!

And thanks for the weekly recipes. I love them and always need something quick to fix!

See you soon!

Courtney said...

Cute pictures. Thanks for the recipe, I just got a new slower cooker for my birthday, so I want to try some new recipes!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you all had a nice Christmas and are doing well. It is nice traveling, but tough getting back into a routine once your back! All the laundry...ugh!

I love the snow! So pretty! Happy New Year! I wish you and your family all the best!