Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Our Weekend

Well, summer is in full swing and we are BUSY. We had our play group Friday. I love this play group and plan on doing a play group only post later this week.
I forgot to sign us up for FNO which really ended up being a blessing. We had just been so busy every night of the week that we really needed to just hang out at home for the evening. We went for a walk with the kids and Tank. We started cracking up because Tank was pulling the double stroller all by himself.
Lilly thought it was pretty funny, too! He only did it for a few feet and I think he over-exerted himself because Matt had to carry him home on the last leg of the walk. Haha. I went to bed whenever the kids did Friday night because I had to be up really early the next day to participate in.....

Razorback Relief--this was a 24 hour period of volunteers packing meals for Haiti. The world record WAS 1.2 million. It was from 7 pm Friday to 7 pm Saturday.
I signed up for the 7 to 1 shift (you could do a 6 hour shift or come for any 2 hour shift) so I got there around 6:40 am for training....showered and completely ready I might add...haha. Well, once I started helping, I just couldn't leave. All the volunteer tables weren't full so they needed people! We ended up breaking the world record and packing 1,471,320 meals in 24 hours!!!!! It was pretty awesome to be there when that happened.
I ended up staying past my shift and calling my brother and his girlfriend Elizabeth in for back up! I think if all of the volunteer tables would have been full that we could've done the 2 million meals we were hoping for. I believe that if people realized that even just 1 person makes a huge difference and means extra hundreds of meals that all of those tables would have been full!! Still, you can't be anything but happy with 1,471,320 meals!!!!!!! One of the bags in my brother's hands contains rice, soy, vitamins, and pre-cooked freeze-dried pinto beans. It ends up being 6 servings. They said once it is cooked, it ends up filling a 3-quart pan. To quote my friend Sarah, "that is Jesus-type stuff right there". Haha.
It was such a blessing to be able to be a part of this! Matt and the kids even came for a couple of hours to help to. My sweet babies sat in the stroller and just hung out for 2 HOURS....I am still in awe of that! Thank you Lord for the people that organized this event and for such an amazing turn out!!
After we left RR, we headed to dinner at one of our favorite BBQ places around here. Reid was happy to be around food he could eat!!
We met my sister and her family there and....
my brother and Elizabeth made it there too. Sunday, we got up and went to church and then went swimming with my family (same ones mentioned above).
Oh yeah, at dinner Saturday they had a play area and someone took full advantage of it!
Lilly..that is.
I got some sweet cuddles while we were there too. Anyway, after swimming we had some visitors!
DeDe and "Mike" came down and took us to dinner. DeDe got to come play at our house while Mike had some meetings in town.
Then, they took us to lunch at a local grilled cheese place here before they left. The kids were so happy to see them...and so were we! I have the best in-laws. I feel really bad for all of the people that don't get along with their in-laws because ours are such a blessing!! They have literally blessed us in every way possible and our babies are so lucky to have such great grandparents on all sides of the family!!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

There is so much to comment on but I cannot stop laughing about Matt carrying Tank home!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this post! Great pictures! I cannot believe how strong your dog is. That is impressive!

I love your play group. So Fun!

Your family is so beautiful. Looks like a great weekend. How is the house coming along? I hope you are enjoying it!