- Please pray for my grandma (on my Mom's side). She has just been taken to the hospital and has had a stroke. She is awake but doesn't really recognize anyone. The right side of her body isn't really moving right now. Pray for her health. Pray for her spiritual life. Update: She has had a small stroke. She also has pneumonia. They are running tests for something else...but apparently they didn't specify why (?). She will be at the hospital for at least tonight and probably until the pneumonia is gone.
- Also, please pray for my friend Sarah and her family. She just found out she has a brain tumor. She is around my age with two small children. She is just a really awesome person and her and her family could really use prayer. Click on the link above to see amazing faith during a trying time.
Now, yesterday started with a little bit of ice-- I think maybe a 1/4 inch?? Don't quote me on that b/c I really am guessing. Followed by SEVERAL inches of snow. Several for Arkansas is somewhere between 5 and 9...depending on where you live in NWA. I didn't go out and measure because it is BITTERLY cold outside. This is the front of our house. This plant is pretty big and it is mostly covered with snow. Our backyard and swing set. Notice the balls are mostly covered up with snow. Of course on a day with temperatures at 0 degrees, my little Lilly was walking around repeatedly asking for Popsicles. I guess if you are wondering when it is too cold for Popsicles...the answer would be never. Reid concurs. Since we knew the "snow-pocalypse" was coming, we got the stuff to make turkey and black bean chili in the crock-pot because nothing beats chili when there is snow on the ground! I thought I would share the recipe since a few people have asked. It is one of our favorites because it is healthy, high in protein, easy to make, and (most importantly) tasty!
- 2 lbs turkey
- chili seasoning (I use Williams Chili seasoning. It comes in a packet. It is good and there is no salt--which I appreciate.)
- 1 can of tomato sauce (15 ounce)
- 1 can of rotel
- 2 cans of black beans (or 1 big family can)
- Brown turkey.
- Put in crock-pot and add the rest of ingredients. Cook on low for 4-6 hours...or really however long. Also, if you don't have that much time then you can make it on the stove in a big pot and just cook it for at least 10 minutes once you add everything in. As always with chili, the longer it cooks the better it tastes (in my opinion). Today we are on snow day #2. Yesterday Matt was off and today he got to come home early so that has been awesome. We love extra time with Daddy! The kids are getting into everything! Including the drawer under the stove where I store the cookie sheets. Lilly heard Punxsutawny Phil didn't see his shadow so she is practicing mowing for springtime. (BTW--Phil, I am a little sceptical right now.) All in all, we are enjoying our snow days and I am trying to be productive!