Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Testimony Tuesday

Sweet friends--I tried to write this post yesterday.  Really, I did.  I tried for about an hour but the words just never felt right.  So I walked away and decided to come back later.  I settled on just sharing a couple of random things that God is working on in me. 
1.  Very ironically last Thursday I was working on my Testimony Tuesday (yes, on Thursday) blog about being intentional with my time and as I was doing my quiet time that morning and thinking of scriptures to include in my post, Matt called to let me know that his Granddaddy had went to be with Jesus.  (As I am typing this I am realizing that message wasn't really just for the blog--he was preparing me for the news of Granddaddy as well.) 
Needless to say--that post didn't get written last week.  But as death always does--it reminded me why it is so important to be intentional with my time.  Psalm 39:4 says, "Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.  Remind me that my days are numbered--how fleeting life is."
Our time here is limited and I believe one of Satan's weapons is to cause us to waste our precious time here. 
Ephesians 5:15-16 says, "So, then, be careful how you live. Do not be unwise but wise, making the best use of your time because the days are evil."
2.  Another thing the Lord seems to be working on in my heart is all of my questions and wondering and just generally trying to figure everything out...he just keeps giving me this verse. 

Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are my ways your ways," declares the Lord.  "As the Heavens are higher than the Earth so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Sometimes it is good for me to say, "You are God.  I am not.  You are in control.  I am not."  (:

No comments: