Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Biggest Loser--Blog Style!

Well, this will be New Years Resolution week on the blog. Or, at my speed of blogging, New Years Resolution month. I will start with the classic NYR....getting in shape. Both Matt and I are not at our "ideal" weight or in-shape-d-ness level. So, we decided for motivational purposes to sign up for the marathon relay race that happens here in April. That is approximately 6 1/2 miles per person. Since I do not have any recent running experience (and the running experience I do have dates backs to pre-junior high)--we are doing the Couch to 10K program.
This is us last night before our first walk/run!! Let me explain Matt's eyes in this picture. We had taken two pictures previous to this one and in one his eyes were completely closed and the other one his eyes were nearly closed...so this was his attempt at keeping his eyes open. Ha!!! I love it! It does show off those beautiful blue eyes. (c: Anyway, back to the details. Week One you run 1/8 mile, walk 1/8 mile, run 1/8 mile, walk 1/8 mile, run 1/8 mile, walk 1/8 mile, run 1/8 mile, walk 1/8 mile....for a total distance of 1 mile! We are to do this no less than 4 times and no more than 6 times this week.
(Lilly eating breakfast with her baby doll. Had to put pictures of Lilly and Reid in the post or the grandparents get tiffy.)
We also weighed in last night and have our starting weights written down. Each week I will update on what we are running that week and total weight loss for that week and total weight loss all together. Don't worry--there will be no pictures of us in spandex shorts and sports bras (which is how they weigh in on the show Biggest Loser). Also, I will be excited about any weight loss--you will not see me upset that it was only a pound...or ounce for that matter.
(Reid enjoying some shredded cheese. How did we get TWO kids that are so cute?)
So, we are excited about this resolution and glad to get started on it! So far (you know, after Day 1 and all) we are doing great and feeling good!

4 comments:

Jamie Kubeczka said...

How fun and good luck! It's so much fun when you have a partner to do it with.

Lana said...

Good luck on your resolution! My DH started a weightloss competition through his work and I am a little tiffed b/c he is losing and I will be gaining as I am 7 months preggo. Oh well, I have decided I am going to go ahead a make a few needed changes just so getting this weight off after baby won't be so bad. :) Lana

The Coleman Family said...

Girl, you are a go getter to train for a marathon! That is great! And you don't need to lose a pound. You look awesome!

And, as for the one vs. two kiddos, we don't know for sure, but just keep telling ourselves two so we are mentally prepared if it happens that way. We are just leaving the gender and number up to God! He knows what we can handle. :)

Rebekah said...

I hope it was a good week! I need you to hold me accountable! Although, I refuse to post my weight on the internet!