Monday, January 16, 2012

Marriage Retreat & Movies

Well as I mentioned at the end of the last post, MoMo and PaPa Ray came to town Friday night to stay with the kids so that we could go to a marriage conference. 
 The kids were VERY excited to see them. 
 Mom said Reid was attached PaPa Ray's side the whole time.  She said Ray went to the car and Reid said, "I want him back in here now."  Ha! 
 This happened right before I left.  In case you can't tell Reid had unravelled a good portion of the roll of toilet paper into the toilet.  Ahhhh...kisses to the sweet littles...and then we were off. 
 The retreat was in Branson so we stopped to have dinner in Harrison at our favorite DeVito's.  Their chicken parm is amazing!  We enjoyed dinner just the two of us and then drove the rest of the way, checked in, and then met some friends at IHOP for dessert.  It was so fun to have a date night AND a night with friends, too.  (:  We were the only couple that ended up with a King sized bed and the funniest part is we are probably the only couple that would have slept great together in a double bed.  We normally take up half of our queen size bed. 

Saturday was the marriage conference and we had a really good time.  I was a little worried at the beginning but it ended up being really good and we laughed a lot.  It was so good for us to be away together without the kids.  We were really only gone for about 24 hours but it was so refreshing!  We headed home after the conference and then decided at the last minute to go ahead and eat dinner before we got home.  We went to a local place called Table Mesa.  It is SO good. 
 We were so glad to get home to these two cuties and gave them lots of hugs and kisses.  They were excited to see us, too, but I could tell they had so much fun with MoMo and PaPa Ray. 
 This is how MoMo looked when we got home.  They had been playing with stickers.  Ha!  We played with the kids for a little while and then after they went to bed we watched Grumpy Old Men.  Cracks me up!  Sunday we celebrated the one year anniversary of our church.  I am going to do a separate post on all of that but it has been an incredible year! 
 Reid is wearing his red Cars shirt in this picture.  He was talking about his shirt and he said, "I love it.  So much!"  Just like that.  He paused after "love it" and then decided to add "so much".  This boy is into cars!
 Lilly played little momma while we were gone and tried to put Reid in time out.  She is so funny. And so bossy.  Ha!
 This morning Lilly and Reid played in Reid's crib while I got ready.  I thought it was really sweet of them to let me get ready with no drama this morning.  Thanks kids! 
Unfortunately the Lion King book was not so lucky.  I walked in and said, "Oh no!  What happened to our book??"  Reid said, "I just break it apart Mommy!"  Sigh.  No, son, we do not break our books apart. 
 Today we were going to see Beauty and the Beast at the movie theater.  Which is kind of funny because we watch it every day at home.  But that is not the same.  I let Lilly pick out whatever princess attire she wanted to and this is what she wanted to wear.  She also LOVES to have her hair braided.  These are the only braids I know how to do so this is what we went with. 
 She twirled around and told me to take a picture of the back too.  Ha! 
 Such a sweet girl! 
 Reid wanted in the picture too. 
 We met some friends there and checked out Alvin and the Chipmunks. 

 Usually we take the car seats in but I knew I wasn't going to be able to do that without Matt so I was a little nervous. 
 They did great! 
Two princesses!
Brody wasn't there yet for all the before movie pictures but I didn't want to leave him out!  He joined in on the fun!  The kids had so much fun and so did I!  I love that Lilly can see the same movies that I did when I was little.  I did have to really fight myself so that I wouldn't sing along with every song like I do at home.  ( ;

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I LOVE going to marriage conferences! We go to seminars once per month for free through a group called MERCY. It's awesome to keep your marriage alive and healthy!! How was Beauty and the Beast? Mia has never seen it and I was wanting to take her!

The Coleman Family said...

I'm just now catching up on a few of your posts! Love Lilly's new room...it looks so good!! I absolutely love the verses too. We have the stick on vinyl verses on our walls and I love them! You picked some great ones. It was great to see you last week at the shower. Wish we had more time for us all to get together! Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you two got to get away for the marriage retreat. I know I always feel so encouraged by those. It was so cute that she dressed up to go see the movie. Lilly looks precious! I hope she had fun!