Whew! Yesterday was one of the days that at the end of it you look back on the day and just think, "Yessssss. We survived it." It started Wednesday night with Reid throwing a major fit at bedtime. That boy usually asks to go to bed so this was unusual. Then I started not feeling well. Lilly got up all through the night so I thought, "Oh great! We are all getting something." So Thursday I called in to school to say we should probably just stay home.
(This has nothing to do with this story but Reid loves to have a wipe or a wet wash cloth and just put it on his cheek or his feet. That is what is happening in the above picture.) Let me just say that about 90 percent of the time my kids were wonderful. They sat in the stroller, they colored, they put blocks on a string, and they looked at some magazines. But that remaining 10 % was baaaaaaad. While I was getting my hair washed (and, in my defense, could not see my children), Lilly went to the back room. I noticed she was there and called for her. She came out and set a remote control down. I decided to go ahead and put them back in the stroller since I was done processing and wasn't going to be able to fully watch them. So I did...but we started to smell burnt plastic. We couldn't figure out why but when we checked the back room we saw that the microwave door was open. I walked over to the remote Lilly had sat down and picked it up and smelled it. It was the thing causing the burnt plastic smell. She had microwaved the remote. I don't know for how long. I don't know if any permanent damage is done. The girls at the salon were not even sure where the remote came from.
As I was getting my hair cut Lilly unsnapped her buckle in the stroller and then got out and unsnapped Reid's buckle too. Now, had I stopped my hair cut and disciplined here...the remainder of the story probably would be totally different. But we were almost done and I just wanted to get them out of there. So I let them empty out the busy bag...I figured I will just clean it up in a minute and it will keep them from destroying anything else. Finally my hair is done and I am cleaning up the mess and while I am cleaning up Reid find one of the bottles of styling products, opens the lid, and proceeds to begin pouring it out. We apologized, loaded up, paid, and then left. I was already exhausted. And ready to be home.