Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Well I wish I had the cute picture of Lilly and Reid in their matching Easter outfits all smiles...
BUT Lilly had the stomach bug today... 
 and Reid had it Saturday.  So we were pretty much stuck inside our house.  It felt so weird not being at church for Easter and I hated that we didn't get to do all of our fun Easter activities that we had planned to do BUT we still celebrated the fact that He is Risen!!!  And we will do our fun Easter things this week as they are feeling better.  Our house smells like bleach and Lysol because we have deep sanitized this evening.  Ha!  Anyway lets talk about the fun things we did this week with the two days that nobody was sick. 
 Thursday we were able to go back to KDO and the kids had Easter parties and Easter egg hunts.  My class just happened to go out as Reid's class was finishing up so I was able to get a couple of pictures of him hunting eggs.
 Look at that full basket--the boy is an egg-hunting machine.  (: 
 Thursday afternoon when we got home we had a fun package waiting for us from MoMo. 
 The kids both had their own HUGE Easter eggs with their names on them...
 that were FULL of candy.  Thaaaaannnnnks MoMo.  Ha! 
 They also got money eggs!  Reid discovered his RIGHT away.  It was so funny!  Thursday night Mike and DeDe came to visit and stayed the weekend with us.  I felt really bad that they came to sickville.  I think I may have a sinus infection and then both of the kids had the stomach bug this weekend.  I am sure we were an exciting bunch to visit with but the we loved having them here anyway. 
 Friday morning we did a freezer meal food swap and then had an Easter playgroup hosted at my friend Stacey's house. 
 The kids had so much fun! 
 Sweet Hannah! 
 Syd and sweet Emerson.  My camera battery died right after this picture so I didn't get any pictures of the actual egg hunt. 
 Friday night we had lots of family over for dinner!  My grandma's birthday was this week.  In this picture is my Uncle Calvin (grandma's brother), Aunt Vivian (grandma's sister), and Grandma Odie. 
 Then my cousin Allison was in town for her Spring Break so we knew we just had to all get together!  It was so good to see everyone! 
Then Saturday morning we went to Cracker Barrel and the sickness started as we left there.  So that pretty much catches us up to speed.  As you can tell we made the most of our 2 days of sick-free-ness.  Ha!! 

Hope you all had a GREAT Easter!!  I will have an official "Easter" post with cute outfits, Easter activities, and the awesomeness of Jesus later this week. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you all have been feeling bad! I hope that everyone feels better soon. I think it would be just fine to get them all dressed up and do Easter late after Lilly feels better!

Courtney said...

Oh no! So sorry that your had two sick little ones. Hopefully everyone is feeling better and you can have your Easter celebration.

Courtney said...

Oh no! So sorry that your had two sick little ones. Hopefully everyone is feeling better and you can have your Easter celebration.

The Bost Family said...

Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog! Looking forward to MOPs on Wednesday! Your family is beautiful! I'm glad I found your blog!
Mary

The Mommy said...

So sorry your babies were sick for Easter :(. I LOVE the big Easter eggs, so CUTE!