Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Trip Wrap-Up

First I have a prayer request--my grandma is going in for open-heart surgery at 7:30am Wednesday morning.  She is having a quadruple bypass surgery.  Unfortunately I was in the room when they described what that means and I go back and forth between being amazed that is possible and horrified because they are doing that to my grandma. 

Also I know I haven't done Testimony Tuesday this month...and I really didn't mean to take off...but I can't seem to get caught up.  The Lord is still teaching me things and I will share them again soon!  (:

Well at the end of our trip we were SO EXCITED to see Matt!  I have pictures from that night and a whole manicure/pedicure session that Lilly did but they are on MoMo's camera so that post will come later. 
We got up on Saturday and had breakfast at Steak and Shake (surprisingly good breakfast just FYI) and headed to Matt's parents house.  They live on our way home so we were thrilled to go there for a night and break up the trip home. 
 The kids were ecstatic to get to swim!!  The weather had been rainy the whole time we were gone so we didn't get to swim while we were down there...and these two little fish had missed it!
 We also got to be there for Eli's birthday lunch (no picture-sigh).

 We also got to go by and see MamMa while we were there.
 Reid gave her his usual wheelchair ride.  We always try and stop him and she always tells us, "Let him be.  He's fine!"  ( : 
 Reid played with their new shark toy.
 Everyone checked out Lilly's new shoes. 
Then she told us all lots of stories.
 Love this picture of Matt and her...she was filling us in on all kinds of information!  ( ; 

 MamMa tickled Reid.
 Lilly showed MamMa the shark and the fish...
 and then she counted the fish for her.
 I love this picture of the two of them.  Favorite!
We loved getting to see everyone on our way home--it was like a trip bonus!  I was very thankful to get home and back to my bed.  I like to travel but I am always ready to come home! 

To make matters even better--my sweet and awesome husband had cleaned the entire house, done all the laundry and put it away, mowed and sprayed the yard with weeds, sprayed the house for bugs, cleaned out the car, and had all the maintenance done on it as well (oil change, tires rotated/balanced, etc).  I was SO THANKFUL!!  He, on the other hand is probably frustrated because it was all a mess within 24 hours of being home.  ( ; 

No comments: