Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Birthday

A couple of weeks ago I turned 31.  I am one of those people that just LOVES my birthday!  And my sweet husband went out of his way (quite literally got up early and went several places out of his way) to make my birthday super special.   
 I woke up to a pumpkin spice latte from my favorite coffee place.  Seriously, locals, check it out.  The best! 
 He even set the birthday table!! 
 And picked up a cake from Ricks.
 He hung the birthday banner...
 and brought us breakfast...all before he had to be at work at 8!!!  He is the best!  I felt so special.  And the kids were pumped that it was my birthday, too.  Lilly kept saying, "Mommy it is YOUR birthday.  What do you want to do??"  Also she slept until 9 that morning.
 Probably the best thing that happened on my birthday was that our little buddy Trevor had his last radiation treatment and got to ring the gong and come home!!  Hallelujah!  We wore our Team Trevor shirts to celebrate! 
 We also met up with MoMo, Aunt Michelleey, Aunt Becky, and Aunt Grace, and Emma at the craft fair.  The kids were dying to ride the cow train but then when it was time to get on the train Reid changed his mind.  Lilly and Emma had a good time, though. 
 They loved the tractors, too.  A little funny story about this guy...he got a wooden sword and was in the middle of one of those round clothing racks basically attacking the clothes with his sword (but not being destructive, just playing) while we were looking at a dress for Lilly.  All of the sudden I look over and notice his pants are on the ground.  I got there just in time to move the clothes out of the way because he was peeing.  Right there.  In public.  In the middle of the craft fair.  Thank God the people that owned that tent thought it was hilarious and were so sweet about it. The older man there said, "Hey!  When you have to go, you just have to go." 

 We came home and the kids napped and I just relaxed.
 Then my Uncle Ross and Aunt Grace (far right in the picture) had come in town from Oregon so we were having a big family dinner that night.  I kept saying, "I can't believe you flew in just for my birthday!" and "Oh thanks for throwing this big birthday party for me."  Hahaha!  Anyway, these three crazy ladies sang Happy Birthday to me 31 times throughout the day. 
 Then the next morning my Grandma Odie cooked her famous from scratch breakfast.  SOOOO GOOD. 
 We loved getting to see her...
 and Dinka!! 
All in all I had a pretty spectacular birthday and am so thankful to all of my family and friends for making it so special and sending lots of birthday wishes!!

No comments: