Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sweet Dreams

Well, last night Lilly slept ALL night for the first time in at least a week. It is so funny-things I thought she had just kind of grown out of were apparantly symptoms of this ear infection. For example, she LOVES eating her baby food...anything out of a spoon. So, when she wasn't drinking as much formula-I thought it was just because she preferred the baby food. Or she had stopped "sleep eating" (finishing her bottle in her sleep). She had also become almost impossible to put down for naps. She would wake up in transition and refuse to go back to sleep. HOWEVER, after 2 1/2 days of medicine....she eats all of her bottles without a struggle, she sleep eats again, and she goes right back to sleep when I lay her down for a nap!! Anway, today was a fabulous day!!! I got to play with Lilly, get ready, clean house--dishes, laundry, bottle duty,etc., take a little nap, and cook dinner. This was one of the days where I think to myself, "Okay, we will be able to handle two babies." (Yes, there are days where I think, "How are we going to do this with two babies?") We went for another walk today. We are LOVING this great weather. It was pretty windy today but it was still very nice outside.
Tank on our walk--he is hilarious. On the nights we go walking, he puts himself to bed. He goes in his kennel and turns away from us so he can fall right to sleep. Then, the next day, he is so lazy!!
After our walk, Lilly and I shared a popsicle. This was Lilly's first popsicle. If you look closely, you can see that her tounge is all blue. She loved it--she just slurped away.
Lilly's sleep sacks are getting too small! So, yesterday, I got her some new PJs. She needs some more DeDe (shopping mission?) She had these same PJs in size 0-3 months and we loved them so much when I saw them in her size, I just had to get them for her. Last night was her first night in PJs instead of a sleep sack.
How did she like it? She did great! Here's to another good nights sleep tonight!!

1 comment:

The Malones said...

So glad you got to have a good night of sleep! And that's great she took good naps, too! Glad to hear it!