Okay so I wanted to do something for our neighbors but I wasn't sure what to do so I prayed for God to show me ways to comfort them. My friend Rebekah told me about this post where a mom who lost a child talks about things people did for them that brought comfort to them. One of the things she mentioned was scripture cards. I remembered my friend Sarah's sister-in-law did something similar for her and so several of these scriptures come from comments people left on this post. If you know someone going through a rough time or a time or a trial of any kind or if you just want to have these as a reference for the future--this is a great idea. These scriptures are great ones to cling to. Because in some situations the hope we have in Christ and the promises in His Word are the only thing that can bring comfort. The exciting news is that I made a printable (at bottom of post) so you can print them too if you want to!!! Here are the scriptures I included!
- I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
- Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10 (NLT)
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” John 14:27 (ESV)
- In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. John 16:33 (ESV)
- Let’s keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps His word. Hebrews 10:23 (NLT)
- And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philippians 4:8 (NLT)
- When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. Isaiah 43:2
- Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34
- The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8.
- I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18
- I lift my eyes to the hills, from where does my does my help come? My helps come from the Lord, the Creator of heaven and earth! Psalm 121: 1-2
- You answer me and encourage me by giving me the strength I need. Psalm 138:3
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
- I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivers me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4
- The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18
- Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:8
- Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:15
- “For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
I set up two different printables. If you want to do the "fancy" ones--I have them set up as 4x12 (so I cut a 12x12 piece of paper into three 4x12 pieces of paper). I printed them and then just cut each verse to the size I wanted it. This printable is here.
I also set up just a 5x3 index card printable and you can just print them onto index cards. That printable is here.
I am really excited about these and would like to put together some more scripture card printable sets. If there is any area of your life that you would like a set of scriptures--just leave a comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will put them together!
NOTE--The printables are free--you do not have to join the site or pay anything! Just hit the download button and you may have to wait a second for the link to pop up!!