Saturday, March 3, 2012

Heart Sick & Just Plain Sick

Please be in prayer for our sweet neighbors Nathan and Amy.  Their little precious 14 month old boy Tucker went to be with Jesus Tuesday night.  So many sweet friends have asked (and it has been the number one question in our minds) if there is anything they can do to help.  I will share what the family has shared as options...

1.  Pray for them.  And not just today.  Everyday.  For the weeks and months to come.  If God pops them into your head--pray.  Write it somewhere you will remember and continue to pray.  A few of the specific things we have been told to pray or felt led to pray for are (A)Comfort and Peace (B)Their Marriage (no they are not having issues but this is just one of those things that is hard for any marriage) (C)The images they saw that night to be numbed or the pain so greatly associated with them to be lessened.  (D)Whatever God puts in your heart to pray for them.

2.  Their family has set up a memorial fund as a way to bless Amy and Nate financially and remove at least one burden from them during this difficult time.  If you wish to donate--there are two ways.

1. Tucker Hill Memorial Fund @ Arvest Bank; make checks payable to Tucker Hill Memorial Fund; send checks to: 1170 N.Salem Rd.
P.O. Box 1327
Fayetteville, AR 72702
2. Make donations through Paypal account set up for Tucker. Follow this link.

Then--the last way is one that I would like to do.  I would like for you to email me (sarascott8704@yahoo.com) or leave a comment with a favorite scripture, a quote, a song, or just some encouraging words.  When the crowd goes down at their house I would like to start giving these to them as a way to show them that God is moving His people to encourage them and love on them. Please pray with me that God would give you words/scriptures/songs/quotes that will encourage them and that he would show me which ones to give to them at which times so that they will get them right when their hearts need that specific message. 

So our week was pretty much just a haze of crying and praying and being heart sick for this sweet Godly family (whose faith has been inspiring and a true testimony).  We have done a lot of extra hugging and loving on our two babies which is exactly what Nathan and Amy have told us to do when we go by to check on them.

Thursday night Reid started running a fever and then in the middle of last night broke out in a crazy rash (he seems to feel okay and play now though) and now Matt is in bed feeling cruddy.  I think this (the sickness at our house) is God's way of making us "be still". 

Also I read this blog post from Lysa TerKeurst (she is a great author) called, "God, I am a little mad and a lot confused" and it was helpful for me this week.

1 comment:

Jackie Koll said...

Wow, I am so sorry for this loss. I can't even imagine what they are feeling but anytime I hear these stories, I stop to hug my boys more and try to not take a moment for granted. I will be praying for them.