Okay so I thought I would just share a couple of the quirky things that Lilly and Reid do that make them unique and that keep us laughing.
- Lilly loves her hair in braids. She calls them "braves".
- Also she loves to wear short sleeves regardless of the weather. Instead of saying short sleeves she says, "Mommy I want cold arms."
- We sing scripture songs at our house and one of them is Jeremiah 33:3. Each song comes with motions and when you sing the thirty-three-three you hold up three fingers. Lilly holds up four fingers and sings "firty-free-free". Also because of the scripture songs Lilly can say (the whole verse of) Jeremiah 33:3, Proverbs 3:5-6, John 3:16, Philippians 4:13, Zachariah 4:6, and she can sing the different parts of spiritual armor. It makes my heart so happy to know that Lord is already hiding His Word in her heart.
- This red Cars shirt is Reid's favorite shirt. It never stays clean for longer than 24 hours. I have been a little behind on laundry so today it was finally clean again. He was so excited. He said, "I LOVE this shirt all day long!" Ha!!
- Since the sick bug has been around our house we have had Gatorade in the house. We get blue and red Gatorade purely for color purposes because that is what matters to the kids...not the flavors...but the colors. Anyway, when Reid wants some he says, "Blue alligator please." It is precious.
- Both of our kids call pepperoni "macaroni". We don't know where this came from but they have both just always called pepperoni pizza "macaroni pizza". About a week ago we were at Sam's and we got the kids cheese pizza and Matt got pepperoni pizza. Lilly asked Matt if she could try one of his "macaronis". (She refused to eat them in the past so this excited me to no end that she wanted to actually TRY something.) Anway, she decided she loved them and ate every. single. one. of. them. off of Matt's pizza. She has requested a lot of macaroni pizza ever since.
- It is a little known fact about me that I love beef jerky. Well Lilly loves it too. She got my love of jerky and bacon! She calls jerky "turkey", though. And there is no correcting her on it either.
- Oh Reid. Reid has to sit on the potty with his paci before bed. He keeps his diaper on. He sits there for a while. Then he gets up and wipes (on top of his diaper), puts it in the toilet and flushes the toilet (that he did not even sit on) and then he washes his hands.
- Both Lilly and Reid have to wear a bandaid to go to sleep. It is literally part of our bedtime routine. They have no "owies" but they insist on a bandaid. Reid has Cars bandaids and Lilly has Dora. This is not a battle that we care to take on.
- One thing that we are both loving is that Lilly and Reid now have periods of time where they just want to cuddle up in our lap. Some times this is done while we are watching movies. Their favorite this week is Peter Pan...or as both of them say...Pooter Pan.
- They also love the jungle book 2 and Reid has been practicing his "rooooaaaar". He really likes to start the day with a good roar. Thanks to this movie, too, he was also walking around the house saying, "She's in baaaad mood!" one day and I couldn't figure out where in the world and then I saw that is was on the JB2.
- They are also both bossy to random objects. Just this morning Lilly was telling the mirror, "Mirror you need to listen and obey or YOU will be in time out. You need to listen to my words. You understand mirror?"
- Reid is just in a sassy phase. I will tell him to do something and he will do it but while he is doing it we will say, "No I will not!" I am trying (some days I feel like in vain) to get him to respond, "Yes Mommy!"
Also several of you have asked about our neighbors and what happened and how they are doing and I just didn't feel comfortable sharing their story or answering those questions on their behalf but the good news is that she wrote her own story on her own blog. You can read it here but be warned--you will need a tissue.