Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Testimony Tuesday: Praying

Okay before I start with the whole testimony thing, I have a story that I find hysterical!

As we were pulling into the garage we were listening to The Revelation Song (you know, "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty who was and is and is to come"). We turned off the car and as I was getting out I was still singing the "Holy, Holy, Holy" part and as soon as I finished the last "Holy" Reid sang in the exact same tune, "Holy Moly". Hahaha! I think I laughed until I cried.

So at the beginning of the year one of my New Year's Resolutions was to "pray better". I had no idea what that even meant at the time but it was clearly one that God had put on my heart and one area that he has grown in me far beyond my expectations. I talked previously about my prayer box. I can not tell you how much that has helped me more thoroughly cover family, friends, and requests in prayer consistently.

Another thing the Lord has been teaching me about prayer is not to just pray about things or for things but to ALSO pray to see whether or not He wants me to take any kind of action to make that prayer happen. (For example if I am praying for encouragement for someone or for someone to be surrounded with love and support during a difficult time...he is teaching me to also ask if there is any way that I can encourage that person or if there is a way that I can help surround them with love and support.)

I thought I would end by adding one of my FAVORITE prayer resources. It is 31 different Godly characteristics to pray for your children. The idea being that you pray for one every day of the month. You can look at it and print it here. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I pray these for my children, their future spouses, and Matt and I. And if I miss a day or if the month is short I just pray for more than one on whatever day that is. I love having the confidence of knowing that I have covered these areas in prayer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is to cool Matt and you are reading (Sacred Marriage) like I was. What a small world. Matt is right it is pretty deep in some parts! lol Thanks for sharing your heart and how the Lord is working in your prayer life. It is exciting to see God working in our lives. The Lord is teaching me some hard but good lessons about myself recently. Happy Thanksgiving friend! The dance pictures are precious.