Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Testimony Tuesday: Thankful

In honor of Thanksgiving, I thought I would do a "thankful" version of Testimony Tuesday.
  • I am thankful that God made me and knows me (Psalms 139).  I am so thankful for a God who made and designed me with a purpose specifically tailored for me and my abilities.  I am thankful for a God who knows me and wants me to know Him.  I am thankful that if I carve out time to spend with God in my schedule that He, God the Creator, Lord of everything, will meet me and speak personally to me.  (Again, I always feel the need to clarify, not in a burning bush or anything like that but through a specific verse, a random thought that could only come from him, a song, a little thing that happens that just verifies or clarifies something, etc.) 
  • I am thankful that even though I daily sin and fall short of the Glory of God (Romans 6:23), His grace and mercy are sufficient for me!  I am thankful that He sent His one and only son to be a savior for me (John 3:16) and for everyone that calls on His name (Romans 10:13).  For a little old testament humor--I am also thankful that because of Jesus I do not have to sacrifice a goat every time that I sin...I would single-handily be responsible for goat extinction if that were the case...thankful all I have to do is ask forgiveness and it is given. 
  • I am SO thankful that I am saved TO DO good works and not because of good works (as it is impossible to earn salvation--see Romans 6:23).  I am thankful that anyone who asks Jesus to be Lord of their lives and believes in their heart that God raised Him from the dead will be saved (Romans 10:9).  I love that God is not exclusive!  He wants everyone!!  Everything above that I am thankful for is available for anyone. 
  • I am also thankful looking at my life and seeing how faithful God was to me even when I wasn't walking closely with Him and the things he saved me from that I didn't even know about.  I look back at my life and see (theoretical) doors he closed that at the time I was so upset about...but that I see now were(huge) blessings in disguise.  Had some of those doors not closed I wouldn't be where I am now, who I am now, married to the awesome Godly man I am now, or have the two beautiful sweet children we have together.  Praise the Lord for His plans are always better than mine!
  • And I am so thankful for Matt, Lilly, and Reid.  I am also thankful that God has given our family a wonderful support system including our (extended) family, our friends,and our awesome church family and that he has allowed us to be part of their lives, too.
Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving and found much to be thankful for too!

No comments: