Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Big 3-0

Well first let me us say, "Happy Birthday DeDe!!!"
 We wish we could be there to celebrate with you! 
 Lilly says that we will celebrate in a couple of weeks with some cake!  Ha!!  We love you and hope you have a great birthday!
 Ok, now on to the title of the post.  Last Thursday I turned 30!  Honestly I am not the least bothered by turning 30-I kind of just felt like it was time to be 30!  Ha!!  As I was thinking about turning 30 I just felt so thankful that my life is where God planned for it to be instead of where I planned my life to be at 30 because it is so much better than I could have planned for myself.  I am so thankful for unanswered prayers that led me to the love of my life!!  I could not have picked a better husband and I am so blessed that God sent him my way and put us together.  I really didn't think I would be married until I turned 30 so the fact that we have been married for over 8 years just makes me laugh at the plans of the younger me!  I bet they made God laugh, too! 
 And then to get to be the mom to these two cuties is awesome.  I had never planned on being a stay-at-home-mom and I am SO SO SO thankful that God had different plans for me!  He shows me over and over again that He knows the desires of my heart and knows me better than I know myself. 

My 30th birthday was on a Thursday so we went to KDO.  Next time my birthday falls on a KDO day I am sending the kids and taking a day off.  Ha!  Matt was sweet enough to bring me some lunch--The ragin' cajun sandwich from Loafin' Joes that I had been craving!  We came home and the kids napped and I did my quiet time and then wasted time browsed Pinterest for a little while.  Then Matt got home and he and the kids gave me some presents! 
 They got me this necklace (from here) that I LOVE!  When we were dating and Matt told me he loved me for the first time he gave me a diamond heart necklace.  I loved that necklace.  One day I was wearing a turtle neck and when I took it off I forgot that I was wearing the necklace and it broke the chain.  I put it in the pocket of my purse to get it fixed and when I got there--the necklace had fallen out and has been lost ever since.  Matt said that he wanted to replace that necklace but this time it needed more hearts so called our friend Christy and she came up with this and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! 
 They also got me this awesome Razorback shirt (a razorback present of some sort for every holiday is kind of our tradition) and then they got me a massage EVERY MONTH for the next year.  Then we went to Cafe Rue to have a yummy dinner and ended up having dessert at Cold Stone.  So, yes, friends, my thirties started out great and continue to be good to me so far! 
 My mom came in town this weekend to help me celebrate and we went to the craft fair and she got me the above sign for my front yard and I really want to go ahead and put it in the yard.  I don't think I am going to be able to wait until Thanksgiving! 
 Friday (the day after my birthday) Lilly came in and said, "Happy Birthday!" So I told her that my birthday was yesterday--it was over now.  And she said, "No it isn't!  You haven't had cake or blown out your candles!!"  Haha!
So Sunday we got together and had cake for my grandma's birthday (whose birthday is also today--Happy Birthday Grandma!!  Love you!!) and my birthday.  So thankful for the past 30 years and hoping for many more birthdays to come!  Thank you for all of your birthday wishes, too--I felt lots of love!  ( : 

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Looks like you got lots of great presents and had some yummy cake.

Brittany said...

I didn't realize it was the big 3-0! Denver turns 30 tomorrow! I am jealous of the massage. That is one fine present!