Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dr./Christmas/Presents/Cousin Zoe

Warning: Super long post! This is how my sweet Lilly was until yesterday at around 3:00. (Also, I almost caught her rolling over on video, but I hit the power button instead of record..SHUCKS). Then, she would just get miserable for like an hour. Eat, sleep, be happy for a couple of hours. Then, miserable again for an hour. She got up in the middle of the night. Not normal Lilly. Now, we think she might be teething (it would be super early though) because she is slobbering like crazy and chewing on everything!! But from what I have read, she should not be this miserable due to teething...
So, when it all started again at 1:30 today (the crying and miserableness), I called the pediatrician. I am quite embarrassed to report that when the appointment lady asked what the problem was I started crying like an idiot and sobbed, "I don't know..I just can't fix it!"

Now, we get to the doctor, and she acts just like the Lilly pictured above...smiling, cooing, and just putting on a real show (NOT the Lilly I had been with for the past 2 days). The good news is that the doctor said she looks great...she weighed in at a whopping 12 lbs. 14 oz. He does believe she may have some acid reflux and gave us some stuff for that. Tonight has been better, she did just have an upset moment, but it didn't last for near as long and she fell asleep much easier...so fingers crossed!
I was really glad that she wasn't sick because that meant we could go eat dinner with Lilly's cousin Zoe (my cousin Troy's daughter). They are in town from Texas. Zoe is such an adorable little girl...I was telling a story and dramatically said the word, "Wait!" and she repeated back in the exact same manner and then laughed and covered her hand with her mouth, apparantly a trick she had learned from some college girls the night before. It was so good to see them. I am trying to talk them into starting a blog b/c I now believe everyone who has kids should have one so I can be in the know!
Lilly got so much stuff for Christmas. My favorite was this backpack on rollers! I LOVE it. I know she will too.
She gots lots of toys. We couldn't bring it all home so there are still several things (anything with some size) at DeDe's. She got two Cabbage Patch dolls and a big soft fluffy ring stacking thing and some movies. Thank you everyone for the toys!!
She also got quite the collection of books!! I heard that she asked Santa for toys and books....and boy did he deliver! She got so many great books. I wonder if she will ever know how loved and blessed she truly is. She also got a ton of clothes...I will take a picture of them later. I am out of floor space. Where am I going to put everything??
Bert, Becca, and Buddy. Apparently the hint, hint, wink, from the last post worked because Debbie sent me some pictures from Christmas. So, as promised, I am posting them.
Hanging out with the gifts.
Lilly and Grandpa. I think he is really starting to adore our little Angel Baby.

Playing with a little wrapping paper. Being cute. The norm.
Opening Lilly's gifts while she watches TV (kind of her favorite thing to do).
I am sure we are discussing her gifts and how much she loved them all.
This is my favorite picture. This has Thomas, Ray, Melissa, and Lilly. I really need to get a new picture of Eli and Lilly! Eli is a busy man..hard to find time for pesky photo ops. We had such a great Christmas. Matt and I got so many great things to and we love them all! It was so fun to watch Lilly and her first Christmas. I am so looking forward to many more Christmas's with our baby.

No comments: