Monday, August 24, 2009

Vacuums and Invitations

MoMo spent a couple of days with us and while she was here, she introduced Lilly to.... vacuum cleaner rides! As a baby, Lilly LOVED the vacuum...we would turn it on and she would just get totally calm. A couple of months ago, she decided she wasn't sure whether she liked it or not. When it was on, she just watched it and kept a CLOSE EYE on me....just making sure I was okay.
Well, then lately, she has decided it is good again. She follows me around, plays with the cord (yes, I supervise this closely), chases it and runs from it, and always makes sure her paci is out of it's way! Now, she has a new way to enjoy it...except that Mommy is just way tooooo pregnant for giving vacuum cleaner rides. Way. Too. Pregnant!
Today, I set out to take pictures for Lilly's birthday party invitations. She woke up from a good morning nap, Matt fed her lunch while I got everything ready, and then Lilly and I headed out to take some photos....sounded like it was the perfect set-up. Not-so-much folks! Lilly was just not in the mood for a photo shoot. When I did manage to get her to smile, it was not--I repeat NOT--at the camera. She would look away and smile...I think she knew. We did manage to create a pretty cute invitation, but you will have to wait to see it until you get it in the mail! However, here are two of the "reject" photos.
Hahahaha. She is leaping at a toy that GG Odie was shaking to try and get a smile. Hahaha. It just cracks me up!
This look of "Help!-Get me out of here!" is more like the look I got in the majority of the photos.

1 comment:

My New Life as a Borin said...

Sorry I'm just now getting back to you on here! Lilly is precious and how exciting to see that you will have another little one soon! It has been fun to catch up through the blog. :)