Sunday, January 10, 2010

4 months and 16 months

Baby this month has been cold outside!!! It doesn't matter how cold it is outside, Lilly INSISTS on going outside when we take Tank out. So, this is her in her PJs and hat ready to "help" take Tank for a little walk.
We have been keeping this big man inside! But, Friday we had to take him to the doctor for his 4 month check up and shots (stupid shots). He weighed in at a whopping 17 lbs. 12 oz. and is 26 1/2 inches long!!! 90th percentile in both. He looks good and he actually took his shots way better than last time.....me-not so much! Oh well, I know they are needed to prevent bad things but I sure do HATE them. I don't mind getting shots but please don't poke my sweet innocent babies.
Lilly dressed to get out Friday, too. She is so funny because she already gets cabin fever! She will just stand by the door and point to it and hit it like she is saying "let's go!" She also runs for the door if you say, "Come on Lilly-let's go bye bye"! She loves to stir things. In this picture she has her spatula and bowl and is mixing something up.
I got this picture off of my mom's camera. This is what Reid wore to her house Christmas night. He wanted to be formal, but he was there for the party!
I might've blinded him with the flash on this one. Haha. He is constantly rolling over now. He is so happy all the time. He just smiles and coos. Also, whenever I go to give him kisses, he opens his mouth really wide every time. (Lilly rarely gives me kisses to this day so I am eating this up!!)
Lilly is still into everything!
Literally and figuratively.
I went to get into the bathroom cabinets this morning and she had put her pots and bowls away in the cabinet. It was hilarious. She had them all lined up very neatly next to each other. Now that she likes to put things into other things it is getting impossible to find stuff when you need it. We spent all day cleaning and looking for Matt's phone. We finally found it in Tank's bed. I guess she thought Tank might want to call someone...probably his girlfriend Cleo.
She is CONSTANT entertainment. I seriously wonder what we did before she came around. It must've been so boring! I wouldn't know because I can't seem to remember what life was like before her. Isn't it funny how that happens almost immediately?
Big man already has two teeth!!! Apparently, he is going to be ready when we give him table food! He is always trying to sit up. He is so sweet and cuddly. I just love to snuggle with him. He loves to be snuggled too. If I spend the day away from him, he will go on a nursing strike for either a couple of feedings or a day. I guess he gets offended! I hope he is a Mama's boy (within reason--I don't want him getting beat up or anything...although I don't think he is going to have to worry about that!)
He has started sleeping in his own crib and is doing pretty good. He sleeps between feedings for the most part and will eventually go a good stretch. Sometimes it is after the first feeding...other times it is after the 3:00 feeding. I am ready for him to go back to sleeping all the way through the night. What happened there Mr. Reid? Last night was a weird night. I think him and Lilly had a contest to see who could wake up the most. I guess I should be happy they are already playing games together. Haha. I love these two so much and can't wait to see what the next month holds! They both change so much so fast that I am just trying to keep up and take it all in...my heart is so full!

2 comments:

John, Brittney, and Trevor said...

All of these pics are so cute. Lilly is at such a fun age. Reids here to party atire is great. Talladaga nights. Babies are so much fun. Life is good and God is great!

Bonnie said...

Your kids are so cute! I guess these are things I have to look forward to, huh? My baby getting into everything...HA!

Bon :)