Wednesday, February 23, 2011

This Is The Stuff You Use

Okay so Grandparents please forgive me because there are no pictures to post tonight. I am working on it but I just don't have any to put on here. Sorry. Tonight is just one of those spontaneous from the heart posts! Okay--so these song lyrics are so much better when you can just belt them out but I heard this song the other day and really listened to the words and just thought--yes--so true!

Francesca Battistelli - This Is The Stuff Lyrics:
"I lost my keys in the great unknown
And call me please 'Cuz I can't find my phone

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

45 in a 35
Sirens and fines while I'm running behind
Whoa

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

So break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world
Oh Oh Oh

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff
Someone save me
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
And I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

Oh Oh Oh Oh
This is the stuff You use"

Isn't that true?? It is the little things in life that can just totally distract us from how blessed we are?? That can just cause our attitudes to turn bad? How sad is it that I can actually say that losing my keys and running behind can totally stop me from reflecting Jesus? This song just describes where I am at right now--break me of impatience, conquer my frustrations, change the things in me that divide my heart!! I can't say that I enjoy things like losing my keys or Lilly going through a "phase" where she tests the boundaries BUT I can say that I am learning to appreciate them as opportunities for God to show me areas that I still need to grow in or just opportunities to reflect him in a time where I don't necessarily want to. That is all. That was just on my mind and heart and wanted to share it! (: Grandparents--pictures tomorrow--promise!

3 comments:

The Bostians said...

Thank you for posting this- definitely something I need to read this week. Have a great week!!!

Anonymous said...

What a good song. It is so easy to look at all of the little things that happen like traffic, a blowout diaper, or them dumping juice all over the floor and just lose it! That is the time that I try to remember how blessed I am just to have my precious little cuties!!

John, Brittney, and Trevor said...

SO SO true girl. Something else I often remind myself is do things with JOY!! Not always is work where we want to be but...were there so be there with JOY!! While I am doing dishes, do them with JOY. Taking care of our families is very important to us, right down to the dirty dishes...and diapers!!! It's so easy to get frazzled but I have to tell myself BREATHE and have JOY!! God is GOOD!!