Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Well I could sum up our weekend in 3 words:  swimming, sleeping, and movies.  If I added a fourth it would be lazy.  ( ; 
 We headed to Mike and DeDe's so that we could see family and spend the weekend by the pool. 
 Reid LOVES to jump in the pool.  Jumping off...
 going under for a couple seconds...
 popping up...
 smiling and laughing.  The boy has no fear with the water...which gives his Mommy a little bit of fear with him and the water.  Ha! 
 Lilly jumping in.  We worked on her jumping OUT into the water instead of just stepping off the edge.  She made some good progress! 
 They had tons of fun throwing all of the dive toys in the water.  The only problem is they don't dive to get them.  ( ; 
 Watching the dive toys "sink."
 And there they all are!  I bet we all picked those up about a hundred times. 
 They also loved to slide into the pool.  Lilly would want me to catch her but not Reid.  He wanted to go all the way under the water and pop back up. 
 We had lots of fun swimming.  If we weren't at the pool, we were pretty much sleeping.  I think I took 3 naps on Saturday.  (Of course I should mention that Reid was sick Friday night so I didn't get to sleep until 5.  But raising a two and three year old is exhausting so I may have taken 3 naps either way.) 
 We spotted a lizard! 
 The kids were so excited!!  They even sang the lizard some made-up songs.  I could tell he was thrilled.  ( :  DeDe and I watched What to Expect When You're Expecting while the kids napped on Sunday and it was really funny.  Then Sunday night Matt and I went to see Dark Shadows.  It was terrible.  We thought it was going to be funny but it was just strange.  But a movie date with my hubby is still a pretty good time! 
We had a great long weekend!  Thanks to all who serve and protect our country!!

2 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

love! They are so cute jumping in the pool.

Courtney said...

Logan loves to throw the dive toys in but doesn't want to get them, ugh! Your little water babies are adorable. I am sure they will have lots of swimming adventures this summer.