Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November Misc.

Well at the beginning of November we decided we wanted to clean out the garage so that we could get BOTH cars in there before the cold weather came.
 This is what is started out looking like.  Oiy!  Also a huge shout-out to my brother-in-law for building the shelves in our garage earlier this year.  We LOVE them.  We started cleaning out and we took several loads of stuff to our local Compassion Center. 
 And we decided since we were taking stuff to the Compassion center that we should get in the attic and go through the Christmas stuff because we had lots of pre-kids breakable Christmas stuff that needed another home where it won't just be in the attic.  (:  Soooooo...since we went ahead and decorated our house for Christmas...on November 9th.  I am usually one of those people that thinks you should wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate BUT I think my mind has been changed.  I still thoroughly loved Thanksgiving but I am so glad I am not squeezing decorating into the busyness of December this year. 
 And we put the final finishing touches on the garage the next day and we are ecstatic.  I smile every time we open the garage now!!  Of course I did have to learn how to park where 2 cars could fit in the garage at the same time.  Ha!  It took us almost 10 years but we finally have a garage that is cleaned out, organized, and both cars can be parked in!! 
 We saw this beautiful sky on our way to church and I just loved it.  
 This is my happy place.  On the chair snuggled up with these two cuties.  My happiest place has their Daddy in it, too, but this was during the day while he was hard at work.  (: 
 Oh, also, Lilly came home with a list of words and I asked her about them and she came over and read each one to me.  You could have knocked me over with a feather.  So, naturally, I videotaped it and we called Daddy and every grandparent.  Ha!  Reid apparently was getting a little jealous so he started writing his letters and he would say, "Look Mommy an F!  The F says Fffff!"  It was so cute so we had to give him some attention, too! 
 Speaking of Reid, his favorite thing to do right now is organize and line up his cars. 
 I love it.  He shows it all off when he is done, too. 
 The kids had their Thanksgiving Feasts at KDO and Lilly wanted to sign-up for Juice boxes (the pilgrim hats on the left) and Reid wanted to sign up for brownies.  And then the kids took these turkeys (made with a Hershey's bar in the middle) for their teachers.  Lilly wrote her "I'm Thankful You're My Teacher" on the feathers all by herself.  (I spelled them--she wrote the letters.)  I just can't believe how much they are learning and am so thankful they are able to be in such a great program! 
 Lola has started sleeping in the fetal position and I think it is hysterical. 
 We had lots of fun food in November.  The kids always eat so good when we make it fun so it is worth the effort for a couple of fuss-free meals. 
We have also read Green Eggs and Ham every night before bed for the past 6 months and the kids have been begging for me to make green eggs and ham.  I finally obliged.  (:  Lilly, who won't normally touch scrambled eggs ate like 6 helpings.  I, on the other hand, love scrambled eggs and could hardly manage to eat them because they look so gross.  Ha! 

No comments: