Friday, February 6, 2009

What's happening..

Okay, so I have been a little lazy on the blogging lately. We haven't had a ton to blog about, but here is what you have missed.... We had brunch with MoMo and Aunt Shelly on Thursday. MoMo spent the night Wednesday and Lilly spent the night in MoMo's room. This was as close to a sleep over as Lilly has had and may I say Matt did not take it so well. First, Lilly is usually a super sleeper, but since we switched to formula (when I found out I was pregnant, the doctor said to stop breastfeeding b/c it causes the uterus to contract) she has had some tummy issues that wake her up frequently during the night. So, we were tired. I asked MoMo to stay and keep her which was fine with Matt until bedtime. He wanted to turn the monitor on (isn't that the same as having her in the room???) so after I said no...He was thinking maybe MoMo could sleep with me and he could stay in there with Lilly. Again, I said no. As we were praying before bed, I prayed for Matt's anxiety to ease and for him to relax a little. He prayed for God to soften my hardened heart!!!! Haha. Don't worry...he settled and we were able to sleep pretty well. It was just funny and cute. Also, we switched to soy formula (it stinks!!) and Lilly is doing and feeling much better. Thank you MoMo for the good nights sleep.
Well we finally had Lilly's four month photos done today....2 days before she turns 5 months. B/t being sick and the weather, this was really our first opportunity.
Here is a hint of the photo shoot. Another hint: her future is so bright she had to put on her shades. I can't wait to see them!!
Daddy dressing Lilly. She is becoming difficult to change because she tries to roll or scoot away. I don't see that getting any better. She has also found her voice and likes to screech the day away. I will get this on video soon.
They came and cleaned up our backyard today....these are the before photos. Half one.
Half two. We have a huge mound of tree limbs/sticks by the curb now. The dogs thought they had a playland of sticks.
American Idol Thoughts....I like the guy whose wife died and his friend, the 16 year old girl from Starkville...those are our favorites thusfar. I was extremely happy to see the "bikini girl" go. We didn't have electricity for the last week of tryouts so that is really all I have on that now. Matt and I are kind of American Idol addicts.

1 comment:

John, Brittney, and Trevor said...

I love new pics of Lilly!! I can't wait to see them. I know all about the screeching!! I had one of those too. A noise only a mother could love! We always called it his joyful noise. Watching all those new stages is so much fun. Can't wait to see you guys soon!!