Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

Well at about 12:30 Sunday afternoon Lilly said she wanted to be a cat for Halloween. She had mentioned it before but I thought it would be fleeting and we could just go with one of the dress up things she already has...but when she brought it up again I figured I would go look. I found this mask and tail (with the help of MoMo and Aunt Shelly) at Wal-Mart for $5. I couldn't figure out why she wanted to be a cat. So random. But then I saw that Dora was a cat in her Halloween episode. Ha! Isn't she just the cutest cat??

She was so excited about her tail. It's the little things. We started our day with Kid's Day Out. The kids had fall parties. This is our third party day in a row. I am partied out! (;

Reid was a razorback!



LOVE this little razorback!

Tonight we went over to Flint, Rebekah, and Cilla's house. We went trick-or-treating. This was actually Lilly and Reid's first time to go trick-or-treating.

They were both so excited to hold their pumpkin flashlights. (Oh I should mention that Lilly decided to change into a cheerleader after wearing the mask for awhile.)

On our way to find some candy!

Lilly helping Reid stay on the sidewalk.

Knocking on the first door!!

Aaannnnd they weren't home. So we moved on to the next house.

Yay! When the people answered the door, the kids just stood there. I don't know that we ever got them to say "trick or treat" but I think we got them to say a few "thank you"s.

It was funny how fast they got the hang of trick-or-treating! It only takes one time of getting free candy to understand. Ha!

Enjoying some loot along the way.

Photo op.

Such cuties!

ALL knocking on the door.

We saw some church friends!

My sweet family.

Once we got back to the house we ate some of Rebekah's yummy chili and then Lilly became a Cowgirl Cheerleading Cat. I guess she didn't want to choose one so she just morphed them all together. It was pretty funny.

We had a fun Halloween with our sweet family and some sweet friends! I have a feeling that we will no longer have the option of whether or not to trick-or-treat! The kids loved it!

3 comments:

Jackie Koll said...

Looks like fun :-) I love how she changed her mind so much - already so much a "girl" :-) Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Everyone looked so cute!! Glad y'all had a fun night!!

Rebekah said...

You got way cuter pics than I did! I may have to borrow some!