Sunday, October 2, 2011

Lilly's Birthday Day

Well it occurred to me that I never wrote about Lilly's actual birthday. Her birthday was on a KDO day and I almost took the day off and kept her at home but Matt pointed out that she loves KDO and would probably have more fun there with her friends. So when she woke up we dressed her in all of her special birthday outfit! She had a Dora princess crown, birthday girl sash, a wand (where she kept trying to turn things into "tay-tohs"??), and earrings. Oh, and of course the outfit wouldn't be complete without a tutu dress and some leggings and princess hair.








And then she HAD to run and grab her sunglasses and purse. Because we didn't have enough accessories without them. (-;


Perfection! We took some special birthday cookies to share with her class and they sang her "Happy Birthday!"


Then since we were there on her birthday, my work let me set up a special picnic lunch for her. I am so thankful that they let us do this because it was special and she loved it. Daddy came and brought us taco bell.


I brought our Dora beach blanket from home for a little ambiance. Ha! Lilly's birthday meal included a quesadilla (case-uh-dill-uh...if you say it like Lilly does...I will be so sad when she outgrows that), doritos, and sprite.


I just love her face in this picture. Such a stinker. After KDO we went home and the kids napped. While they napped I wrapped presents. Lilly ended up napping until after Matt got home so when she woke up Daddy was there and so were these:





She was a pro! She went over and went straight to work!


A Dora necklace kit.


A set of golf clubs.


A Dora backpack.


A microphone. Haven't regretted this at all. Ha! No, seriously, it is loud and crazy, but she loves it...so I really don't. However, I am about to ban it from the car.





And she loved the card. Dora sings, "Happy Happy Birthday. Feliz Cumpleanos.


After the presents we went to Mad Pizza and Lilly ate lots of cheese pizza. Then we went to the park and played. Lilly did lots of swinging. Lots. of. Swinging. We ended the night with some frozen yogurt from Cherry Berry. LOVE my sweet girl and am so thankful for the past 3 years with her. She brings so much joy to our lives and we just can't wait to see what she does and says next!!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I love the birthday attire!!!! Cilla talked about the mints that she got at school for Lilly's birthday for days! Sounds like the perfect third birthday!