Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 9 & Bible Study Dinner

Day 9 was make a Christmas snack and watch a Christmas movie.  We ended up making plans with my table at bible study for dinner so I made us a Christmas snack while the kids were sleeping. 
This recipe was in Parenting magazine and was called Reindeer Munch.  Lilly was so excited when we went to the store to buy pretzels.  I guess we hadn't bought any in a while.  Anyway the recipe is as follows: 
  •  2 cups of square rice cereal (I used Chex)
  • 2 cups of pretzels
  • 1 cup of cocktail peanuts
  • 1 cup of dried cranberries
  • 1 cup of chocolate candies (like m&ms)
  • 12 ounces melting white chocolate (I used almond bark)
Mix everything but the almond bark together, set aside, melt almond bark, mix in with the rest of the stuff and spread out on foil for and leave it for about 30 minutes. 
Break it apart into bite size pieces and enjoy.  We really liked this! 
I also made these little cuties because I had chocolate almond bark and left over pretzels and m&ms.  I just dipped some nutter butters in melted chocolate and added the m&ms for the eyes and nose and the pretzel for the ears.  I was going to break the pretzels so the antlers looked more antler-ish but they stayed better and it was easier this way.  (:  The kids loved these!  I haven't tasted one yet. 
We packed up our goodies and went to have dinner at Mary Ellen's house.  (In the picture me, Laura, Mary Ellen, and Whitney).
Mary Ellen did such a wonderful job!  Everything was set up so nice and the food was delicious.  Her and her husband made the best Chicken Parmesan!  That is Matt's favorite so he was a happy guy!
The kids had their own table with chicken nuggets and fries. 
Lilly managed to find a Christmas movie on tv so I am totally marking that as "check" on the day's plan.  Ha!  We had so much fun getting to hang out with these sweet and fun families! 
Today I went shopping with my mom and my sister and I came home to some beautiful Christmas lights.  It was so nice and festive.  I just love it!!  We owe a special thanks to Preston for putting them up for us.  OH and I will post a picture but Matt worked in the garage today and I am SO PROUD to announce that BOTH of our cars are parked in the garage!!!! 

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I love the wonderful little snacks. I think Logan and I will be mixing up some of those goodies. Have a wonderful finish to your weekend.

Paisley Blake said...

The reindeer cookies are too cute!! i saw that on Pinterest. Love that place! :-)

Becky said...

those reindeer cookies are incredibly cute! i need to make those! visit me sometime at http://cinderelladuty.blogspot.com!