Thursday, November 12, 2009

Check-up, Shots, & the Petrino Show

Well, yesterday Reid went to see his buddy Dr. Payton for a 2 month check-up.....and shots.
We have a big boy! Weighing in at 14 pounds 5 ounces (90th percentile) and measuring a little over 25 1/4 inches long (95th percentile), Reid is in good health! His head circumference is in the 50th percentile. (Lilly's is still in the 5th percentile--his head is only 2 centimeters smaller than hers was at her 1 year check-up.) He has also met all of the milestones that he is supposed to have (cooing, smiling, lifting his head up, holding something momentarily, etc.)
He had to get his first round of shots. Ugh. This is right before. On the positive side, there were two nurses this time so they gave him his shots all at the same time. How did he handle it??
Not so well--he was NOT happy! When Lilly got her first shots, she cried for a couple of seconds and moved on. Reid--not so much! He was upset--I had to feed him to get him to calm down and relax.
This little girl got tons of attention at the Dr.'s office. Everyone said she was so cute and just loved her outfit!
Unfortunately, since we were there, she got her flu booster shot and the H1N1 vaccine and one of the vaccines she couldn't get at her 1 year check-up! Lilly, I want you to know that Mommy didn't want you to get any shots today--it was purely Daddy's fault!
She did super though! This is her sporting her hat that she was getting autographed later! She loved wearing it. She would take it off and look at it and then bring it back to me to put on her again.
I have to keep Tank's food and water put up because Lilly likes to play in it.

Last night we went to the Bobby Petrino show at the Catfish Hole. They have a buffet of yummy food starting at 6:00 and then the show is from 7:00-8:00. You have to call for reservations and it was packed!! The audience can ask questions and there were a couple of players there, too! Ramone Broadway (Corner Back) (#28) and Grant Cook (Offensive Lineman) (#72) were the players that were there last night, but I think they have different ones every week. Ramone and Grant were both really funny to listen to. At one point, they asked each one of them what they wanted to do after their football careers were over and Ramone said he wanted to be a FBI agent because he was little and wanted to be able to pick on somebody. They also were talking about confidence and he said that Coach Petrino referred to that as "swagger" not cockiness. He said it all much funnier, but we had a really great time.
This is at the beginning of the show and Lilly is watching everyone call the hogs (and enjoying a sucker that she eventually rubbed all over her face and hair).
She decided she was going to call the hogs, too!
Sitting on Daddy's shoulder watching the show...
playing the drums on Daddy's head....
bending down to look at Daddy--she kept leaning over and looking at him, it was so cute!
Aren't they adorable together? She is a Daddy's girl! Last night she was getting restless so I went to grab her to let her walk around and she turned away from me and clung to him!! I was like, "oh no she didn't!!" He was grinning from ear to ear. I swear he is training her when I am not around. I was pretty nervous because this was happening at her bedtime and she had shots yesterday, but she was really great!! Thankfully, I found a couple of packages of M&Ms that MoMo had put in the diaper bag for her last week and that kept her entertained and happy for the last 20 minutes of the show. Sweet!
Reid started out just taking it all in and watching everyone.
He was a little perplexed at times. What was all of the fuss about?
Then, he went to sleep and slept through almost the whole show.
Ray and his son Tyler went with us.
My cousin Amber went with us, too. We had such a great time! It was set up really nicely where everyone could see and we sat at long tables so we also got to visit with other families. You know I love to visit with people so this was right up my alley!
After the show, we got our picture taken with Coach Petrino--see Lilly clinging to me--I didn't really want to be in this photo, but I knew she wasn't going to him.
Here we are--all smiles. Coach Petrino was very nice and offered to take another photo, he was sweet to Lilly, and gladly signed her hat! It was nice to see that he was so friendly. Of course, who could not be friendly to our little Lilly???
Go Hogs!!!
A couple of days ago, Lilly took a little over 3 hour nap. I went into check on her (that might have woken her up) and things were normal she was in bed with all of her animals. Then, like two minutes later, I hear her chatting on the monitor so I put a grilled cheese on to cook and go to grab her and this is what I found. Big smiles and ALL of her animals on the ground--she was still talking to them when I walked in the room. She becomes more fun every day.

6 comments:

Lyryn said...

Ah!!! My little guy just got shots today! Honestly, I think that I take it worse that he does. I just hate seeing my baby cry like that. Poor guy! :(

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What adorable pictures....so glad I stopped by

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I must say you are one of my favorite readers! I just love you and reading about your family. Yes, I am kind of funny about belly pictures when I'm pregnant. I am always hiding behind something to hid my growing tummy! lol

I know it's only for a time so really I should embrace it, but I'm just silly! You know those beautiful maternity photos. I love looking at them, but would never take any because I couldn't stand to look at my big tummy in a frame in my house! lol

I am glad Reid is so healthy and doing well. He is so cute! It looks like you all had a fun night out!

Have a great weekend! Hugs, Ginger

John, Brittney, and Trevor said...

I love Lilly's razorback outfit and Reid and Cruz have the same razorback onesie. We'll have to get them together for a picture. I am very glad our baby Reid is doing so well. You guys are abundantly blessed.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great weekend! I gave your blog an award, so come on over and check it out! Congrats!!

Unknown said...

They are both just dolls! I can't believe Reid is so big...he'll be passing Lilly by very soon. Happy Thanksgiving...we're headed your way.