Monday, November 2, 2009

2 Months!

Last Wednesday, our little "big man" turned two months old. What have you been up to my sweet Reid?? A lot of smiling, laughing, and cooing. You are so sweet natured, Reid. Sometimes I just look at you and I can literally feel my heart melt. You smile the biggest smiles--it is like your whole body is smiling, too! I LOVE it and will do just about anything to see it. Luckily for me, you love your Mommy and give me several smiles each day! I live for the smiles of my sweet babies!

Super-man! You are getting some pretty good head and neck strength. I know if you are hungry when you are on my shoulder because you start bobbing your head around like you are bobbing for apples. You do this a lot when I go to burp you in the middle of your meals. Speaking of burping, you do a lot of that (and the other), too! You crack me up because you sound like a man with the burps and the toots--to be so tiny you sure are loud. You smile after you toot, too--like you are proud. I am sure you won't appreciate this part of this post later in life, but just know that at this stage in your life it is still very cute!! Plus, this probably won't be the most embarrassing thing I ever put you through--I promise to try not to, though, but I am the Mommy and it is kind of my job.

Playing with your sister--well, more like she plays with you. You love her, though, and give her lots of smiles, too. You already like to watch her and see what she is doing. She is much sweeter to you now. She has learned to be easy with you. She likes to look at you and gets really excited when I put you on the floor with her. She is always trying to steal your pacis (pacifier)!! The other day she had one in her mouth and one in each hand, she actually had to drop one in order to steal yours...so she did! I can't wait to see you guys when you can interact with each other because I just know it is going to be the sweetest thing I have ever seen!!

You are so laid back! You just hang out. You love to kick your legs and pretend like you are riding a bike. You like to watch football with Daddy. I think I say this in every post, but you are growing like a weed! I swear that sometimes I lay you down for a nap and you have grown by the time you wake up!!!! You look like your Daddy, but sometimes you make the exact same expressions as Lilly does...I have to do a double take!

My little pumpkin! We call you all kinds of things: pumpkin, punchkin, big man, little man, doodle, booger, sweet boy, teddy bear, etc. This list could go on and on. Your favorite is "handsome"--that one almost always gets a smile!

And, man are you such a good, handsome little boy!

You are okay with a car ride. You do not like to stop though..huh-uh...keep it moving! Sometimes you want to be moving and have your paci at the same time--the only problem is that you have trouble keeping the paci in your mouth sometimes. I do not have go-go-gadget arms that allow me to put the paci in your mouth and drive at the same time, but you do not accept this excuse and let me know that you not pleased! My sweet boy, we thank God for you each day and are just so glad that God has His plan for our lives and has perfect timing because we wouldn't change one single thing about you and your sister being so close together! We love it and we love you so much--we are enjoying watching you grow and hanging out with you and just being your extremely blessed parents!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay and Robert said...

Great post on your handsome man. 2 months already?!? Hope you're doing well and getting at least enough sleep to survive! :)