Thursday, February 11, 2010

Girls Night Out

Today we just hung out around the house. I just love his little smile!
This picture CRACKS ME UP. Both of their expressions are just priceless! Today, these two just kept making my heart melt! Lilly played right by him while he was in the jumper (in face she is sitting on the bar that is on the side of it. Then, he was in the floor and she kept bringing him toys and sitting right next to him. It was sooo sweet.

Lilly with sweet monkey, little piggie, and her new favorite--the box of chocolate cheerios. Our living room looks like a toy store exploded in it. Haha.
Can you find my cell phone in this picture?? Lilly has become quite handsy. She can open drawers now. In the kitchen she can just open them...in the bathroom she can actually get everything out of them--we won't even talk about where I found my toothbrush! Anyway, I was looking for my phone and I swore I left it on the counter but I couldn't find it anywhere. Well, Lilly plays with our house phone so that phone was dead. I had to charge it in order to call my phone. It took me an hour and a half (because after 30 minutes of charging...it would let me make one call, then die, and I would have to charge it for another 30 minutes---it was a vicious cycle). I took everything out of the recycling box, went through the trash, went through the laundry hamper, took everything off of the dining room table, looked through the cabinets--all because when I called I could here it vibrating....oh I guess I forgot to mention my phone was on silent....in that vicinity but it was very muffled. Well, I finally found it SHUT IN the drawer. There is never a dull moment folks!
Needless to say, I was praising God for a girls night out tonight! Don't get me wrong, 9.5 times out of ten I would rather stay with my family--I just truly LOVE spending time with Matt, Lilly, and Reid. I don't want to make it sound like I was just itching to get away....but we have been so busy these past couple of weeks and I literally did not get to sit down today unless it was to feed Reid and I just really needed some time to not worry about anything and just relax. Luckily God knows what you need when you need it (Amen!), and I had a girls night out planned for tonight anyway. Jenna had planned for a bunch of us girls to get together to go see Dear John. It was the perfect little....I can't think of a better word than break, so.....break. How was the movie? Well, I thought overall it was pretty good....a little sadder than I like. My only complaint is that if they would have just added like 5 more minutes to the end of the movie--it would've made it SO MUCH better. I had a great time and even got to meet some new friends!!
Oh, and I would like to thank my wonderful husband for taking care of both children while I was at the movie. On my way home I felt so rejuvenated and was so excited about seeing everyone and got a little sad when I realized both the babies would be in bed! Isn't it funny how that works? You look forward to a night out but then can't wait to get back home to see them?

4 comments:

Crystal said...

aww! Love the pictures, super cute!!!

Unknown said...

I need a good email address from the Arkansas Bloggers participants so that I can notify everyone easily. Also, please link up to follow so that you will receive pertinent messages. I promise not to bug you!

Message from Kathy about the Ark Bloggers logo and blog page. Please check it out and let us know what you think. You might want to pick up the new code for the logo. It looks much better than the other one.

Here’s the html code for the logo. I resized it to 220 pixels, and then uploaded it to PhotoBucket. That size seems to work. Letting PhotoBucket resize it seems to make the image less crisp, so this should work.


blogger comments won't let me paste in the html code. You can pick that up from my blog.



You might want to go look at the test blog to see what you think of the background I’ve been working on. If you like it, I’ll give you instructions for putting the header and the background on the blog.



http://arkansasbloggerstest.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got out with the girls . It is good for us to do that sometimes. It makes us better wives and mommys. I was reading Dear John the book at the hospital. lol I can't wait to see the movie. Hugs Have a great week!

dtbrents said...

I hope you had fun on your girls night out. I know I love them. Your children are so cute. I lose my cell phone a lot but it's always on ring so I can call it. Doylene