Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Random

Reid is pretty laid back and doesn't mind just hanging out....as long as I am in the same room with him. Soooo, he has started hanging out in his Bumbo (yes it is pink because it was Lilly's) while I cook. Our big blue dog keeps him entertained when I am just not doing the trick. Ha!
I just LOVE this picture. I love the look on his face. Priceless.
We have just been hanging out in our PJs relaxing this week.
We made it through our fast!!!!! I like how this picture makes it look like there is a heavenly light shining around the Sonic cup. Haha. The lady at Sonic noticed I had gotten my hair cut and apologized if she had ever come off as snippy (she had NOT--sweet lady)...I think she may have thought we hadn't been there because we were upset or something. Haha. I have had caffeine today for the first time in 21 days--I hope I can sleep tonight!! I may give more details on the fast later. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.
I said in a previous post that I would talk about some of our blessings this year so I am going to start with this one: Our 98 Honda Civic. Matt had a 98 Dodge Durango with 156,000 miles on it. Well, during cash for clunkers Jeep was matching what the government was offering so we were able to get an amazing deal on a Jeep Patriot. It was a great vehicle, but we decided that in order to meet all of the financial goals that we wanted to achieve we really didn't need a car payment. So, Matt put it on the lot to sell. To keep this story short, I will just jump to the fact that we were able to sell our Jeep and get enough money to buy this 1998 Honda Civic with ONLY 52,000 miles on it. That is less than 5,000 miles a year folks!! So we were essentially able to trade in Matt's Durango with 156,000 miles for a Honda Civic with 52,000 miles straight across...and get to drive a new car in the meantime!! God is SO GOOD!
Also, I also feel that it is such a blessing that we have the mindset to be totally ELATED by the opportunity to drive a 98 Civic. Please don't get me wrong--there is nothing wrong with having, wanting, or buying a new car!
Since Tank has been so very neglected on the blog lately, I took a picture of him so he could be included! He is such a great dog!! He lets Lilly just roll all over him...and now that she drops food all of the time he has become her little shadow. Haha.
And my last random thing, has anybody else tried these Chocolate Cheerios? Matt and I are obsessed. Matt went to Wal-Mart to buy some a few weeks ago and they were out. The next night we went to a different Wal-Mart and he came out with FOUR boxes. Haha. They are soo good. Sorry grandparents, no pictures of Lilly today--I just couldn't get her to stay still and the pictures all turned out blurry when she was in motion--I will try again tomorrow.

9 comments:

Courtney said...

I will have to put those chocolate Cheerios on my grocery list. Cute pictures of Reid and the blue dog.

Jenna said...

We LOVE those cherrios! So does B but I'm totally not admitting to that. And Honda's are such wonderful cars. My dad had one for 13 years and it had over 200,000 miles on it - and still ran like a champ!!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing about the car! God is so good! REid is so cute! And so is the big blue dog. Looks fun!

Traci Michele said...

So nice to meet you! I'm now following your adorable blog!

Come visit Ordinary Inspirations anytime :-)

Hugs,
Traci

Joy Tilton said...

Just found you at Dining with Debbie! We are up at Rogers, come visit GrannyMountain. I am buying those Chocolate Cherrios today...if I can find them!

Todd and Courtney said...

Chocolate cheerios? I'm sooooo going tomorrow to get some! And I love Honda cars. They are the best!

Trumbo Family said...

First of all, you need to spray paint that bumbo, poor kid....that's just wrong :)
Second of all, I am obsessed with chocolate cheerios! I ate all of my sister's last weekend! They are good anytime of day (especially 10:30pm)..See you tomorrow, I'm hiding my cheerios~

My New Life as a Borin said...

Cute pictures! Glad you guys are doing well. :)

Nishant said...

God is so good! REid is so cute! And so is the big blue dog. Looks fun!
party video