Friday, June 25, 2010

21 Months

Lilly Lilly Sweet and Silly.... You are such a fun kiddo!!! You are always on the go and have some fun quirks that I just love so much! You are either wearing your halo or your horns...there really is no in between. Thankfully for Mommy, you are usually wearing your halo! Every once in a while you scream "Mine!!!!" at the top of your lungs causing other mothers to wonder why I haven't socialized you yet or throw a horrible tantrum that leaves me asking nearby people if they have seen where your mother went! (Haha. Even in those moments I am thankful for you.) More often than not, though, you are the sweetest little girl that I have ever met!
See! Sweet as pie! You are really working on being a big girl. You prefer to sit at the table in a chair rather than in your high chair. You do pretty well most of the time. You act different with Mommy than you do Daddy. You are more whiny with Daddy because he doesn't make you use your big girl words. You also prefer your Daddy....it has been really bad this month. Like, when he gets home--I don't even exist for you. I can see why since he carried you in his womb for 9 months, sacrificed his teaching career so that you could have the best care....oh no...wait...that was me! Haha. Honestly, I joke, but I am very happy that you are able to have such a special relationship with your Daddy and I wouldn't change it for the world.
This picture shows your mischievous side...and boy do you have one! I LOVE this about you. Sure it does make things a little hectic at times...but since you totally get it from me, I choose to focus on the hilarious aspects of this instead! You are so playful. You love to sneak up on people and say 'boo'. You think it is so funny if somebody falls or is scared of something. I would think this was a bad thing but the show "Wipeout" just makes me happy inside, too. Plus, you don't think it is funny if somebody is seriously injured...more of a slapstick kind of funny humor (like if I trip and have a hard time catching my balance).
Oh the paci, or as you call it 'papi". We are working on leaving this in the bed during the day. I am having to do that for your brother too since you would just take his. We still have a ways to go on this one! I just love to hear your sweet little chatter and I don't want the "papi" keeping you quiet or distorting your voice.
One of your quirks...you love to put objects inside of something. This little bucket, your little dishes, a purse, etc...you just love carrying things around inside of something else. You always eat your snacks in something else. And, sometimes you put that something else in something else. Ha.
You also like to find "hiding spots". You have also started picking up your toys and putting them away. You don't always put them away exactly where they belong. The other day I went make tea and when I went to put the tea bags in the tea maker, I found 3 small toys where the tea bags go. You like to put your sippee in a cabinet and shut the door....this makes locating your sippee cups a challenge sometimes.
More and more every day, you are becoming the sweetest sister!!! You will get yourself a toy and then go grab one for Reid. You do the same thing with snacks, sippees, and pacis. You always look out for him. If you get up from a nap and he is still sleeping, you put up your "I don't know" hands and say, "Bubby?"
You have also started trying to tickle him and just the other day wanted him to sit on the potty too (Mommy wishes). Speaking of potties, you go potty in the potty at least once a day. (I used the word potty a lot in that sentence, didn't I?)
You have started climbing. I thought I was going to be lucky and you would never develop an interest in climbing....not so much. You want to see new heights!!
You are always talking. You love the words "outside" (which you say "siiiiiiiiiiiide" and make it no less than 3 syllables long), plaaaaaay, pool, snacks, bath...pretty much those words correlate with some certain things that you love. You are such an expressionate (not sure if that is a word) child. You make the most dramatic facial expressions and it keeps us laughing all the time.
One of my favorite times of the day is yogurt time. Because I set a bowl of yogurt down and then you eat some.....
and you feed your brother some. It may be the messiest time of day but it is 100% worth it! Also, on your bib in this picture you can see the remnants of some ketchup chips which you love. And your Daddy loves to watch you eat them. I, on the other hand, do all of the spray-and-washing and don't find it as amusing.
(This is my favorite photo of you two...this one and the one of you two together in the moving boxes). Another quirk; whenever we leave the house you must have something in both of your hands. You also like to carry a purse and your cell phone with you. A baby doll usually makes the cut too. I can't imagine why you would choose these things. (c:
And maybe one of the funniest things you do lately is to get into all of "Bubby's" toys. You get in his jumper and jump like there is no tomorrow. And, you get in his walker. I think you believe it is a race car/bumper car because you 1) go as fast as you can running everything over and 2) think it is hilarious to bump it into everything. You are very cautious not to run over Bubby or Mommy or Daddy but other than that it is fair game!

Well, that is enough for one post...I could write all day long. We love you so much and we just can't wait to see what you will be doing next!!! We couldn't have asked for a neater, sweeter baby girl. Hugs and Kisses, Mommy, Daddy, and Bubby

2 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

What a sweet post. She reminds me so much for Lauren.

John, Brittney, and Trevor said...

She is so cute. My favorie is how she feeds Reid some of her yogurt!! So sweet.