Friday, June 22, 2012

Mommy & Reid Time

While Lilly was at Princess Ballerina Camp (see last post), Reid and I got some very rare just-mommy-and-son time.
 On Monday I asked Reid what he wanted to do and he said he wanted to go shopping for big boy underwear.  (We had been talking about getting some.)  So we had some breakfast and then went shopping.  Before we got to breakfast he said he wanted to go to TJ Maxx but by the time breakfast was over he had changed his mind to go to Wal-Mart. 
 If you know Reid you will not be at all surprised to know that he picked out Cars underwear. 
 And that weekend we had already bought some Cars pull-ups because he had been going potty in the potty so well. 
 He wanted to put them on as soon as we got home despite my pleas to let me wash them first.  BUT after peeing on the floor once and then again 10 minutes later I thought to myself, "No.  Not ready."  Then, to my surprise, on Thursday (last week) he asked to go to the potty all day long.  And has gone most of the time since then in the potty IF we are home.  He has been in a pull up all week long and I am thinking next week we will try the big boy underwear and, for the first time, officially try potty training. 
 Oh, and we also bought lots of "potty prizes" that day, too.  He got to pick them all out.  Really all he cares about are the Cars tattoos and the Reeces Cups.  He is pretty cheap to reward.  (:  Lilly gets a prize too (1--he got prizes while she was potty training and 2--they celebrate together.  She is just as proud of him as we are. Ha!) and she always picks the fruit snacks. 
 Okay somehow I digressed from Mommy & Reid time to potty talk...so, ahem...back on track.  On Tuesday Reid insisted on buckling himself up and did it all by himself!!  And has ever since.  At first it took him about ten minutes but now he is a regular pro!  He wanted to go to Chick-fil-a for breakfast and play so that is what we did! 
 On Wednesday he wanted his picture taken too (since I was taking Lilly's princess pictures.)
 He is TOO cute!  On Wednesday we spent our time at Hobby Lobby because I HAD to get stuff for the wedding shower I was hosting this past weekend and he was SO good.  He played with this wooden treasure chest that I was picking up for our little bookclub (that I have yet to blog about but will someday soon) the whole time we were there.  He would open it up and sing into it and say, "I put a song in it!"  Then we ran by Rick's Bakery to order the cake for the shower and he got to pick out a special treat to end our fun Mommy and Son time. 
 We had a great time together and I was thankful to have a few hours to give him my undivided attention but he was always ready and happy to go pick up his sister!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Way for Mommy/Son time. I am sure he enjoyed every minute of it. Good luck with the potty training.

Anonymous said...

Reid is so precious! So glad you got some time just with him. That is special. I love the dance camp pics. Lillian has princess dance camp in July. We are excited!! I especially loved the snow white pics. of her. So sweet!