Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Testimony Tuesday: Marriage Gift (Praying for Spouse Printables)

Well this past Saturday was my little cousin Allison's wedding shower.  I can't believe she is grown and getting married!!  Anyway as I thought about what to get her and Casey for their wedding I wanted to give them a gift that would help their marriage.  Don't get me wrong--they needed dishes and towels too--but I knew those would be taken care of by others.  As I thought about things that God has used to grow our marriage, I came up with the following gift. 
 I made prayer cards for him and her.  One set--31 prayers (one for each day of the month) for your wife (I got the prayers from here) and the other set--31 prayers for your husband (I got the prayers from here.)  I believe prayer is one of the best things you can do for your marriage and one of the best gifts you can give anyone.  The majority of these prayers would be great to pray for any important men (father/son/etc) and women (mom/daughter/etc) in your life...or if you are single and hoping to get married--they would be great to pray for your future spouse.  Or for your children's future spouse.  That is the great thing about prayer-the possibilities are endless.  ( ;   Here is the printable I used (again--it is just black and white with no decor--I don't know how to make a cute printable but you are welcome to this plain-jane one for free personal use) for the husband prayer cards (paper size 4x12--a 12x12 scrapbook paper cut into 3 strips) and the one for the wife prayer cards.
 Then I saw this date night jar on Pinterest and made a date night jar with 50 different date ideas. On the white sticks were at home dates, on the pink sticks were around-town dates, and on the red sticks were special occasion dates that were more expensive and required planning.  It is very important to continue to date even after you are married and I wanted to give them ideas to keep it fun! 
The "I love you because..." frame that is all over Pinterest.  Matt and I have one of these and I love it!  You write love notes back and forth to each other on the frame's glass with a dry erase marker.  It is so important to continue to build each other up!  (Here is a plain black and white printable (5x7)that I used and just printed on cute paper.)
And then I included one of our favorite--and most helpful--books The 5 Love Languages. 

I put it all in a monogrammed lunch tote (because what bride doesn't LOVE stuff monogrammed with her new last name??!!  Oh, and I cropped it out since that is personal info.  Ha!) and wrote her a letter explaining each thing and viola--a wedding present for the marriage! 

God has used each one of these things to bless our marriage and it is my prayer that he uses them to bless Allison and Casey's marriage and yours as well!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

What an awesome present!

Lindsay and Robert said...

Loooooooooooooooooove this! You have a gift!