Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sidewalk Paint & Day 3

Well this summer I have tried to do some kind of planned activity each day with the kids.  I have found that I have to be purposeful and plan this out or I can go all day and not sit down and spend one-on-one time interacting with my little cuties.  Most days they are not elaborate activities--it can be as easy as just going outside and playing catch or blowing bubbles WITH them and without my phone or any other distractions.  I have missed a couple of days but I can definitely say that the days that I have done it--our days have gone much smoother! 

Last year I found this make-your-own-sidewalk-chalk kit on clearance so I picked it up for later.  A couple of weeks ago we busted it out. 
 It was animal shape molds and some kind of magic (; sidewalk chalk dust stuff. 
 All you had to do was add 3 capfuls of water,
 shake,
 and pour!  Lilly was able to do it all by herself! 
 Reid didn't want to pour the water for some reason.  Usually he is Mr. Independent but he kept saying, "You do it."  So I added the water and he would shake and pour. 

And, of course, my curious boy had to play in it a little.  ( : 

 We let them sit for 15 minutes...
 and viola!  Sidewalk chalk!!  Animal sidewalk chalk at that.  Some day we may try this DIY sidewalk chalk recipe.
 Oh, and I rinsed out the containers and plan on making the DIY watercolor paints from Pinterest and puting them in there.  Eventually.  Ha! 
We have had lots of fun making sidewalk chalk designs. 

Oh and if you are hopping over from Jenna's--here is my daily post info.

Day 1--My name is Sara.  I am married to Matt and in August we will have been married 8 years.  Woot!  Woot!  We have two kids that are less than a year apart.  Lilly is our fun and silly girly girl and she is 3.  Reid is our spunky and sweet all boy little two year old.  We also have a pug named Tank.  I stay at home with the kids and feel so blessed to be able to do that. 

Day 2--I started blogging so that the grandparents could see regular pictures of the kids and know what we are up too.  I mostly just blog what we do on a daily basis.  This blog has kind of become our online scrapbook.  Most Tuesdays I do a "Testimony Tuesday" post where I just share something that the Lord has been teaching me lately.  I also blog crafts and recipes very sporadically. 

Day 3--I am on twitter @mrssarascott and I am on Pinterest too here.  Pinterest is probably the website I check most often.  I love finding stuff to do with Matt, the kids, and new recipes to try too.  I am on Instagram--but honestly until a couple of weeks ago I didn't know people could follow me or comment on posts.  I have no idea how to follow anyone on Instagram either.  I am going to get on that soon! ( ;

8 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

Genius idea with the sidewalk chalk. I need to get better about doing fun activities instead of just buying chalk, etc. Lauren would love that! And sheesh, Lilly's hair has gotten so long. It's so beautiful.

April said...

I'm totally going to steal this idea! How true it is about the day going smoother when you have intetional one-on-one time with the kids. It is far too easy to get sucked into activities that distract me from them and I know all they want is time WITH me.

Cristi Atchley said...

Sara, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

You aren't the only one trying to figure out Instagram! I know how to post photos but still need someone to teach me how to follow my friends, haha!

Have a blessed day!

Karen Diebolt said...

Looks like the little ones had fun making sidewalk paint. I am visiting from Jenna's site. Please stop by my blog, and follow if you like what you see. I love Pinterest!

Lilly said...

This is so fun. It's wonderful to see a family that makes an effort to enjoy outside time! I think of my blog as an online scrapbook as well! So nice to meet you through Jenna!

Lilly
pancakesandbeetjuice.com

Jenna said...

Brayden would love that sidewalk chalk idea! When I get back I'm going to have to do that with him!

Jodi said...

Your kids are adorable. I love that you make it a point to do something with them. So important! My nieces are 14 montsHs apart and it gets busy so I'm sure you are very busy. Thanks for stopping by my blog too !

Linds said...

what fun with the sidewalk chalk!