Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Cards for Soldiers

Our day 6 activity was to make a Christmas Card for a soldier. 
 I saw a Christmas tree made from shapes on Pinterest (that link has a template for a whole page sized-one) and decided we could mix in a little shape practice while making our cards.  I cut out four different size green triangles, a brown rectangle, a yellow star, and then I used a hole punch to make lots of little circles.  While we made the tree we also got to practice sequencing from big to small.  Of course Reid and Lilly's favorite part of making the cards was squeezing out all of the glue!
 Tree assembled.  Happy, happy, happy. 
 Lilly serious while gluing. 

 Adding some ornaments.  
 So excited that I want to take her picture again.  Ha!
 Finished! 
 Finished!
 Here they are right after they finished.  Please note all the glue.  ( ; 
 And after the glue dried. 
 And then on the inside of the card we made angels with glitter glue and coffee filters and I wrote Psalm 91:11 "God will command his angels to protect you wherever you go."  And that is what we will pray over the soldiers that receive these cards. 
I will note that I actually went to the Holiday Mail for Heroes site today and realized that you are supposed to avoid glitter and that they were supposed to be mailed to them already...so ours are going in the mail today and we are praying that they still reach the person God intends for them to despite my error in timing! 
The mailing address is:
Holiday Mail for Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456

No comments: