Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mary Poppins

For Valentine's Day Matt got us tickets to go see Mary Poppins at our local theatre.  Last Thursday was the big night!!  I had been sick all week so I was so thankful that I was all better and we were able to go!
 Ready for our date night!!
 Grandma Odie and Aunt CiCi kept the kids for us.  The kids were SO excited to get to spend the evening with them.  Aunt CiCi has a pond with big catfish and ducks so the kids brought some bread and were pumped up about getting to feed the ducks and fish.  When we pulled up Lilly said, "I am so happy to see Gammy Odie!"  It was precious.  She also insisted on wearing her princess dress-up shoes (heels) to go feed the ducks.  She ended up breaking her first pair of high heels. I just love her girly-girlness. 
 Mary Poppins was great.  I was so impressed at all the things they could do with the set.  It was really good.  I always love a little one-on-one time with my honey too!  I am so thankful for a husband that plans special nights for us like this. 
And for family that watched our kids and did fun stuff with them while we had our date night!  So blessed! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad the two of you had a special evening together! You are so true I don't take for granted having a thoughtful husband. It means so much to know that our hubby's put thought into planning special dates for us!