Thursday, September 3, 2009

Life with Lilly AND Reid

Well, Matt did all of the blogging from the hospital. Now we are home and getting settled into our new family life. We welcomed Reid into our family Friday, August 28th, 2009 at 2:01 p.m. The day could not have gone better! Lilly woke up for a bottle at around 5:00 a.m. that morning and I thought to myself, "I can NOT believe I am not in labor yet!" Well, at 5:39, the contractions started. They weren't strong--but they were different than the "practice contractions" I had been having. They kind of started as back pain and then went to stomach contractions. Anyway, I knew immediately they were real and started timing them...about 10-12 minutes apart. So, we went to the doctor at around 9:00 a.m. She confirmed it was labor and we got checked in and set up in the hospital around 10:00 a.m. I got my epidural at around noon. Well, to spare any details at around 1:15 p.m. they "checked me" and I was at a 5 and a half. So, I decided to take a little nap since I had been up since 5:00 a.m. I rolled over to my side and all of the sudden felt a lot of pressure so I paged the nurse. Sure enough, he was ready to enter the world. For a second, we weren't sure the doctors were going to have time to make it. It was an easy labor and delivery. Thank you God for that blessing! Most importantly, he looked great and is healthy! Thank you God even more for that blessing!
A proud daddy, a brand new Reid, and our wonderful doctor! All part of what made this day so perfect!
Daddy is in love!
Mommy is in love! As soon as he was born, before they even cleaned him up, I just kept thinking, "He is the CUTEST little boy I have ever seen!" He has the cutest little cheeks and was even born with an extra chin...haha....just kidding Reid!
He also has the longest toes! I love these little feet.
He also had lots of dark hair. Lindsey, you are probably thinking he looks bald compared to Sally! Haha. One of my favorite things about him is that his shoulders are broad and it looks like he has little biceps. Apparently all of that punching in the womb gave him muscles!! It is ADORABLE.
He also has the cutest little hands with long fingers. Needless to say, we are smitten! You know right up until the second he came out, I was thinking, "I don't know if I can love another child as much as I love Lilly...I just don't think it is possible!" But as soon as we met him, I knew I loved them the same!
So, what does Miss Priss think of her baby brother?
She thinks he is okay. She is still a little indifferent. When he is in the pack n' play, she gets on her very tippy toes and tries to look at the side and gets a little irritated if she can't see him. She reaches through the crib rails to touch him while he is laying in there. She does touch him easily and keeps trying to poke him in the eye. I think this is because we have been working on identifying eyes, nose, ears, and mouth. All in all, she is really sweet with him.
All my loves!
Reid in his going home outfit.
Sitting with Daddy, waiting to be checked out!
Reid's bag--LOVE it!
Loaded up...
Ready for home!
What has Lilly been up to? Getting into EVERYTHING. I think she is thinking, "Finally, a distraction for Mommy and Daddy!" She finally broke her 4th tooth through and is now working on a fifth.
I thought she would all of the sudden look huge to me, but she still looks like my little baby girl. I have started noticing that things have gotten bigger. Like I didn't realize that her feet had grown since birth. I just thought they had gotten a little chubbier, but they have gotten much longer! Then, today as I was rocking her for a nap, I realized that she has really gotten taller. I did cry today thinking about the fact that she will be one in 5 days. I just can't believe how fast time goes by!
Getting into some more stuff!
Going for the DVD player.
Grinning when Mommy calls her name because she knows she isn't supposed to play with the DVD player.
Playing with the curtains and talking to Tank.
I LOVE this look.
Ok, and this look, too!
Since we have been home, he pretty much eats. It takes an average of 72 hours before your milk comes in...he brought mine in in less than 30 hours. He came out ready to eat. He nursed for an hour the first time...and only stopped because the nursery came to take him away. If he is awake, he wants to eat! He also smiles already! I am talking the full face smiles that last for a few seconds. Oh, I could just kiss him all over!!!
I can't begin to explain how much I love these three people and how blessed I am to have them in my life! I am loving life with Matt, Lilly, AND Reid! Matt stayed home this week so I know that I have no idea how crazy my life is really about to get but I do know that it will be worth all of the upcoming chaos and I just am loving getting to watch these little ones grow!


Lindsay and Robert said...

Love the new post! Reid is so handsome and it sounds like things went great. Hope you are getting some sleep and rest every now and then. It gets easier every week because they grow and change so fast. Congratulations again!

P.S. Sally may have him beat in the hair department, but they're tied with their double chins!

Jaime said...

Sara congrats to you guys!! So excited to see that Reid is here! He is a beautiful baby boy! Good luck with everything. Those first few weeks are hard but I promise it gets so much easier the older they get!

Cori said...

Sara, he really is precious! I can't wait to meet him!

Unknown said...

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. It's been crazy with the start of a new school year. Reid is such a the hair! I do have to say that I think you have the most gorgeous ob in the world. She looks a lot like her momma:)

Kelly said...

Congrats! He is adorable and you have two beautiful children! Good luck with 2!!