Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011--Lilly and Reid Style

January 2011
  • In January, Matt and I got to be part of the Core group to open a new campus of our Church.  It has been such a blessing and we have pretty much stayed in complete awe at what God has been doing at Cross Church Fayetteville. 
  • Matt went to the bowl game and MoMo came and stayed with the kids and I and we organized and organized! 
  • We had our annual get together with Matt's side of the family in Perryville. 

  • Lilly got over her fear of bouncy houses and both Lilly and Reid discovered their love for all things bouncy.
February
  • I started teaching Kid's Day Out (also known as Mother's Day Out elsewhere).  The kids love their classes and I love teaching it.

  • We got LOTS of snow and had several snow days. We built our first snowman!
 
March

  • Reid got his second hair cut.  His first haircut in the actual salon.  And Lilly discovered "princess hair".
  • We also had a nice relaxing spring break at home.
April

We discovered the Airport Cafe...a place to eat breakfast and watch planes take off.
We celebrated Easter. 
Matt and I had a weekend getaway without children.  We stayed at a bed and breakfast and it was delightful.  (:

We went to an event called Farm Friends and learned that Reid has a little bit of country boy in him. 

May

We took both kids to the movies for the first time.  We had a strike of genius and thought to bring the carseats into the theater.  Combine that with popcorn and a drink and they were thrilled! 
We also spent lots of time at parks with lots of friends. 

June

We went to the Gentry Safari
We took Lilly and Reid bowling for the first time.
We did the swim ranch swimming lessons.

July
We celebrated the 4th of July!
I just realized I have NEVER blogged about this...but Lilly was POTTY TRAINED!!!  I am going to have to do an official post and back-date it!  This picture is actually from March.  A post is coming.  But my big girl potty trained and she was SO EASY. 

August
Matt and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary! 

Lilly gave up the paci!  To celebrate we went to build-a-bear and she made "Pink". 



We made our annual trip to the beach! (Also realized I haven't finished blogging about that too. On the list to catch up on!)
We found out that Uncle Bert and Aunt Becca were going to have a baby!

This sweet boy turned 2!!!

September
This little sweetie turned 3!!!  I can't believe it! 
We had a beach-themed birthday party for Lilly and Reid.
We went to the fair and discovered how much fun a stick horse can be.

October
We rooted on our Razorbacks.  We also went to our first Volleyball match.
We went to Chick-fil-a princess night.  LOVED it.
I spent a week at the hospital with my uncle before he passed away that I will never forget.

We took the kids trick-or-treating for the first time ever! 

November
Lilly started dance class! 
Lilly got her first hair cut (trim) EVER.
We went to the annual lighting of the square.
We spent Thanksgiving with family and did a couple of Thanksgiving crafts.

December
This was our first year to do an advent calendar with the 25 days of Christmas.  We did our first train ride when we went on the pajama train.  We did lots of Christmas activities.
Lilly approached Santa on her own this year.  We never push him but she wanted to go talk to him and write him a letter.  By Christmas Reid was on Santa's lap too. 

But most importantly--we celebrated the birth of Jesus!!

We had a great year and I am SURE that I have left off some important things but I think that is a pretty good recap for now. 2011 was a great year for us and we can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for us.  I will be praying that all of you have a blessed year, too!   

1 comment:

Simple, Graceful Living said...

Who is the baby girl at the Nastics meet in March?!

I cannot BELIEVE how much she has grown! Oh my heavens!